But...I'm big boned!

Options
This has been my excuse my whole life. I started 5 days ago- I'm 34, 5'6 @ 203, I'm down to 199 already. My goal is to see what skinny looks like on me. I've always been heavy, the only time I was ever thin, I was 14 and I was making very poor choices and don't even know what I weighed.
My goal is 135, I've never really dieted before and I am super stoked to try watching calories, while getting in better shape through exercise. I play hockey during the winter but I plan to try a triathalon this fall so let's see where this goes! I love that there are no off limit foods, I eat healthy and local - this will be perfect. Already I've realized my portions are way to big, my sugars are way to high and beer has a lot of damn calories!
My first exercise will be C25k starting on Monday (I was up to week 5 but fell off the wagon 3 weeks ago) any newbies want to start with me?

Replies

• mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    congrats on the weight loss and good luck!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I would love to try C25K!! I've heard all about it and have wanted to try it, but have been really nervous about it... Add me??
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Ive heard of c25k. and I would love to do it, but you have to pay for it right? and Im broke.. if not and there is a free link please do send it to me :) I will def. give it a go!
  • andforpoise
    andforpoise Posts: 185
    Options
    That used to be my excuse too... then I realized... no, no I'm not "big boned." I'm making unhealthy choices and gaining weight... I'm actually quite small in my bone structure...aside from my hips and shoulders :P

I wish you luck! This site is a great tool for the journey :)
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I used to weigh 205 lbs (am also 5'6) and thought that I was big boned. Once I lost the weight, I was surprised to find out that I'm not! There will be plenty of times where you fall off the wagon so just keep getting back on and you'll be just fine. Best of luck to you!
  • emma7437
    emma7437 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Ive heard of c25k. and I would love to do it, but you have to pay for it right? and Im broke.. if not and there is a free link please do send it to me :) I will def. give it a go!

here is a website, it is completely free. Enjoy!!!!

http://www.c25k.com/
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the iTune app for my phone, for £1.99. I am so ready! My husband and I tried this about a year ago - but I moaned and moaned about it. This time I am ready!

I need to up my exercise.

Thanks for the post Please anybody ad me who is doing this, I so need a push on exercise
  • imjessly
    imjessly Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    There have been a few people on here who thought they were big boned, but it turned out they were really quite petite afterall :)

I made a blog about things i wish i knew when i started:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/imjessly/view/things-i-wish-i-knew-when-i-started-254082

Good luck on your journey! :flowerforyou:
  • fitnclear
    fitnclear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am recommitting to losing weight. I am roughly 180 and looking to weigh 145. I am 5'7" and started C25K yesterday!
  • LNPurdie
    LNPurdie Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am roughly 200 looking to be 140 and i am starting C25K today! I opend a thread in Excewrcise to see if any other newbies were just starting it.

Friend request coming Fitnclear because I think I will need support.
  • riskiestlavonn
    riskiestlavonn Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I honestly thought that i was big boned throughout high school until I lost 50 pounds during my senior year (I did study abroad). WHO KNEW THAT IT WASN'T MY BONES!?!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!