What's your favourite breakfast recipe?

Options
wasveganvictoria88
wasveganvictoria88 Posts: 249 Member
Mine is 'Breakfast eggs' which I invented after trying the mexican Huevos Rancheros which is eggs in a spicy tomato sauce and tortilla wrap. Preferring my spice in the evening I came up with a more subtle taste:

Ingredients

1 medium egg
1 reduced fat sausage
A tin of chopped tomatoes
A couple of mushrooms
Dried mixed herbs

Method

Place the tinned toms and herbs in a small pan. Slice your mushroom and heat with the toms. When the toms are simmering, chop your sausage into smallish slices and add to the toms. If you have a frozen sausage, add it whole then take it out and slice once it has thawed. After about 5-10mins, make a well in the sauce and crack your egg into the pan. Make sure your sauce is not bubbling too much or you will get veins of egg everywhere - although this doesn't affect the taste, it doesn't look appealing. Give the egg 5-10mins depending on whether you want it soft or hard boiled.

Serve! Calories - around 150-200kcal depending on what sort of sausage you use! Serve with a piece of bread or toast if you have the allowance :)

P.s. I'm not a vegan anymore!

Replies

• hipslikecinders
    hipslikecinders Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious! I just had a soft boiled egg and plum tomatoes on toast - so yummy!
  • 012345emma
    012345emma Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    sounds lovely ive just put the recipe in my plan thanks x
  • sapphireblu64
    Options
    Mine is chicken sausage 100 cals and only 6g fat , veggie omlet: spinach, mushroom, tomatoe, onion and a cap full of mojo crioll marinade for seasoning.
  • MoonMeliMelo
    Options
    low fat muesli with rice milk. keeps me going all morning. =)
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    Sunday is Omelet day for us! (I dont want to be attacked by the Sodium police so please dont comment)

This morning I sauteed some zucchini, eggplant, baby portabella mushrooms, orange bell pepper, fresh garlic, sea salt and pepper..

Sauteed up some Eye-round bite-sized pieces with sea salt and black pepper...

My husband's omelet is a 3-egg with provolone and then the filling
    My omelet is a 2-egg with 1oz fresh crumbled gorgonzola and then the filling..
  • SuzanneFontaine
    Options
    My favorite is a breakfast sandwich. I cook 1/4 cup Egg Beaters into a little omelet shape and sprinkle on 1/8 cup of reduced-fat cheddar cheese. Then I warm up 2 oz. of roasted turkey (deli slices) and put it all on a 100-calorie Sandwich Thin. I like to put spicy brown mustard on mine. The whole thing is about 230 calories and is very satisfying!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    My BBF has recipe for muligrain waffles that come out beautifully and have such a delicious, chewy texture:

1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats soaked 15 min in 2 C buttermilk
    Add to that, 2/3 C each whole wheat flour and regular AP flour
    2Thbsp wheat germ
    11/2 tsp baking powder
    1tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 eggs
    1/4 C brown sugar
    1tsp vanilla ext
    1thbsp canola oil

mix lightly, kinda like muffin batter...it is a very thick batter

even my husband likes these, and he's not a big waffle or pancake fan, he says these "stick to your ribs".

Don't know the calories offhand...I'll look them up and repost ASAP.
  • Dra57
    Dra57 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Low fat black pudding with tinned spag Bol!!!!
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    My BBF has recipe for muligrain waffles that come out beautifully and have such a delicious, chewy texture:

1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats soaked 15 min in 2 C buttermilk
    Add to that, 2/3 C each whole wheat flour and regular AP flour
    2Thbsp wheat germ
    11/2 tsp baking powder
    1tsp baking soda
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 eggs
    1/4 C brown sugar
    1tsp vanilla ext
    1thbsp canola oil

mix lightly, kinda like muffin batter...it is a very thick batter

even my husband likes these, and he's not a big waffle or pancake fan, he says these "stick to your ribs".

Don't know the calories offhand...I'll look them up and repost ASAP.

recipe makes 7-8 waffles depending on your iron, about 198 cal each.
  • tscagg
    tscagg Posts: 11
    Options
    I have a nice hot cup of coffee first thing in the morning, with my 'first breakfast' as the hobbits say, a little tasty home made healthy chocolate chip cookie. I'm always making up new recipes so the calories change, but between 50 & 75 calories, with whey protein, dark chocolate bits, no butter, little coconut oil, egg whites, golden flax meal, vanilla and I try different flours. Going to try sprouted grain flour next. I keep a batch in the freezer at all times...yummy!
  • CanadianKid24
    CanadianKid24 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    EGG CRUNCH (under 200 calories)

1 serving Corn Flakes (1.25 cups)
    1 Large Egg broken on top, then mixed together.

Nuke for 40 seconds...have every morning.

and
    2 cups of decaf coffee
    1 cup of water

try adding some cheese or meat
    sometimes use Bran Flakes (1 cup)
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    On naughty days its french toast (white bread) with one egg + one white with maple syrup. Plus white coffee 2 sugar. MY FAVOURITE. Sometimes even tinned spagetti.

On normal days its wholemeal toast with peanut butter, protein shake and coffee white with sweetener. Every once in a while its eggs.
  • SoulsGirl
    SoulsGirl Posts: 10
    Options
    During the colder Months it's been oatmeal with a little brown sugar. Most other times it's 1 slice of multigrain toast with 2 poached eggs and a slice of ham. Runny yolks of course..

so yummy

23866391.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • TheSlimWithin
    Options
    Wholemeal bread, peanut butter and banana, with a small satsuma and tea with milk and one sweetener.
    Either that or a good plate of egg on toast, neither can go a miss. ;D
  • memega
    memega Posts: 73
    Options
    446519d1288449370-my-mm550-this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    2 organic large eggs
    1 slice cheese
    1 whole wheat english muffin
    green tea to drink
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Normal days, Bananas.

Days when i need extra energy, for long bike rides, going to the gym, etc: Banana/Date smoothie!!! So delicious!!!