fellow insanity friends, insanity nutrition settings?

Options
amoeni1
amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
Hi fellow insanity friends!

I was just curious, I have been messing with my settings a lot lately and can't decide what to set my goal calories to be. I have it set for my BMR (1405) right now and then add in my exercise (insanity and sometimes another exercise also, depending on the day), which gives me 1700-2000 calories depending on my exercise that day. I had it set at the 1900+ that the insanity elite booklet says but then if I decide to log exercise (and it's kind of motivating to add that now tht I have a HRM) it makes all the numbers harder to understand (because they want you to eat the exercise calories which I woudln't need to do). Just trying to see what others were doing and how I should set it up so I can make sure I am getting the right amount of calories in and seeing the correct nutrient values. Thanks!

Keep digging deep :)

Replies

• Mommy_Time
    Mommy_Time Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    what i do is just post my calories burned with insanity, not add it to the exercise as then it will make it confusing since u don't eat back insanity calories.
  • KJs_Mommy
    KJs_Mommy Posts: 24
    Options
    I JUST LEAVE IT AS IS. I DO NOT EAT WHAT I BURNED I JUST KEEP IT MOVING. I EAT ABOUT 1200 ADAY AND JUST WORKOUT.
  • marija88
    marija88 Posts: 7
    Options
    This is my predicament too... In the booklet it says to eat 1900 calories per day. MFP says 1200... So instead, I came to a compromise and I eat 1500 cals per day, and log my workouts. Sometimes I eat back the calories from the workouts (putting me in and around 1900 per day), sometimes I don't, leaving me under my goal. I got pretty used to eating 1200 a day, so when I started trying to eat 1900....I felt like I was binging and just eating whatever to reach my goal. :S You just have to find what works for you... And that was my solution :)... Hope this helps
  • amoeni1
    amoeni1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas, I guess my second question is do you eat the same value on your "rest day" as you do on your "insanity days". I have set my value at 1400 now and add exercise/eat it back but I am thinking of swtiching to my insanity guide number 1898 and not logging exercise just posting it but that will only work if I'm sopposed to eat about the same amount each day. It seems thats how the guide is set up but it never really comes out and says "eat this every day or eat this every day you do the workout" so I wasn't sure.