New and in need of friends!

Options
Hello my name's Leigh! I was told about this website by a friend of mine who is on her own health mission and is doing so well. I can already see the difference in her, not only in appearance but in attitude as well. She's so happy and that inspired me to get my own butt in to gear. I used to be really quite active when I was younger, but when I turned 18 and got a full-time job in a bar (where I also drank when off shift) it all went down hill. I've been an excessive partier for the past 3 years too which hasn't helped... hangovers are definitely not conducive to losing weight! Anyway, through all this partying, which in the end, was making me more and more unhappy, I ended up with depression and social anxiety; I felt so nervous to go in to work when I was sober. Eventually, my depression got to the worst its ever been and a whole big mess of horribleness caused by my own actions seemed to be surrounding me. So then I quit my job to get away from it all, to avoid the people who had seen me at my absolute worst and to break away from the partying... and I got a new job! Now, my alcohol consumption has dropped significantly and I'm starting to really look forward to the future. I'm moving to Sheffield in September for university and I want to shed 50lbs to get to my goal weight and gain my old confidence back!!
So... if anybody out there is up for some mutual support, please add me! My willpower is terrible so christ knows I need some motivation!

Leigh

Replies

• alp1990
    alp1990 Posts: 56
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • huck23
    huck23 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me:smile:
  • gettinfit4god
    gettinfit4god Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Add me! Good luck!
  • caring4cath
    caring4cath Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    lol I understand hummmmm lack of motivation well. so add me, if you want. and all I can say is we care, and keep trying.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Wow, you´re strong!! Changing your life completely like that.... Respect!
  • trollydollymolly
    trollydollymolly Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    The support you will get from here will surprise you. It is what makes all the difference as we are all here for the same thing.

If you want to add me as a friend, feel free

Good luck

Sue
  • ShioriSan
    ShioriSan Posts: 11
    Options
    Wow! Looks like you're already on your way to a better life. Congratulations on making the first steps! Things can only get better from here. :)

Feel free to add me, I'd love to have you as a friend!
  • toxicpanda2011
    Options
    I was pretty much in the same boat as you. Feel free to add me as well! Hang in there and keep working hard
  • nannalynne5
    Options
    join us we are in this together , x
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I know you're gonna do great! We can work out all through the summer and be totally lean and ripped for Uni. :D Haha, I haven't even bothered posting a thread on the forums here yet and I've been here for weeks!!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    HI and welcome! Feel free to add me. I joined about 2 months ago and love it. Lots of great support and advice on this site. Just stick to the plan of tracking your food, exercise and water and you'll do great. Good luck
  • Karen5732
    Karen5732 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Always willing to support friends, feel free to add me !!
  • Dm2002
    Dm2002 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    add me....
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm here to feel free to add me :o)
  • happienikki
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well !!!! This community is great for support & motivation!
  • Bilbobradshaw
    Bilbobradshaw Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I totally understand the connection between social anxiety and alcohol use, and I think that is one of the biggest hurdles we have in weight loss. I always waaay over eat/drink in social situations because I'm nervous (or seriously irritated with those around me) and trying to distract myself. It used to be that I spent my time at home alone in order to avoid over eating//drinking OR I went out every night and didn't care. Trying to balance these things is tough, and I'd totally love to be around to support you!