That was brutal!

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
I tried going to one of those Mom's Movies at a local theater....they start at 10 am and the lights are dimmed instead of off and they have changing tables, etc. It's very cool.....so, I took my 17 1/2 month old. NOT A GOOD IDEA!! He is all about exploring and climbing and being independent. All he wanted to do was climb the stadium seating stairs, but he isn't super steady coming down yet....then he wanted to walk around and visit people and just do his own thing. If I even went near him, he screamed. Yes, it's a moms movie and the mom's there are sympathetic..but MAN! I wasn't able to sit for more than a minute the entire movie.

I had posted last week that he is going through toddler PMS.....it's rough! I KNOW part of it is his teeth. He was gnawing on his fingers the whole time.

SOO, we made it home, he's been given childrens tylenol and is napping....and when he wakes up, I am going to the gym where he can play in the daycare and I can work off some of this tension!

Anyway, what I saw of Baby Mama was funny!!!! hehe

Replies

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I tried going to one of those Mom's Movies at a local theater....they start at 10 am and the lights are dimmed instead of off and they have changing tables, etc. It's very cool.....so, I took my 17 1/2 month old. NOT A GOOD IDEA!! He is all about exploring and climbing and being independent. All he wanted to do was climb the stadium seating stairs, but he isn't super steady coming down yet....then he wanted to walk around and visit people and just do his own thing. If I even went near him, he screamed. Yes, it's a moms movie and the mom's there are sympathetic..but MAN! I wasn't able to sit for more than a minute the entire movie.

I had posted last week that he is going through toddler PMS.....it's rough! I KNOW part of it is his teeth. He was gnawing on his fingers the whole time.

SOO, we made it home, he's been given childrens tylenol and is napping....and when he wakes up, I am going to the gym where he can play in the daycare and I can work off some of this tension!

Anyway, what I saw of Baby Mama was funny!!!! hehe
  • shrtcwgrl
    shrtcwgrl Posts: 18
    Options
    I LOVE my gym! They have "Kids Club" which has basketball, a rock climbing wall, a maze to run through, and other games for the kids! I think its great that gyms are starting to realize that physical activity is NOT just for the parents. I feel it also begins teaching children the importance of physical activity and being healthy.
    Go burn that steam off! (and some calories too!)
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    He is definitely a high energy kid and too young to sit through a movie! don't do what you did last week and think that that behavior is not normal - that age child doesn't sit through movies yet.

Maybe before or after the gym take him to the park and let him burn off some of that energy too! You can running after him as exercise!!!

You are going to have to be creative and find lots of places you can take him where he can run free. Keeping a child like that on a leash is futile - I know, I have one!!! He just turned 5 and he is finally calming down but I lose him everywhere we go because he loves adventure.

Do you have a local kids gym like My Gym or Tumble Tots? indoor swimming pools are great too.