52 weeks to a new me...

Options
Week one begins tomorrow and I'm excited! Looking forward to taking back my power once and for all and achieving the life of my dreams...I don't expect it to be perfect, the best things in life usually come with bloody knees!!! I expect to have fun...feel fear...stumble...stagger but not to quit. These next 52 weeks are to prove to myself that I DESERVE to THRIVE in the life of my dreams NOT to SURVIVE in the life of my nightmares. Deep breath WHEW!!!! I can do this...I can REALLY do this.

Replies

• noogie98
    noogie98 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you have a great plan ~ I will be right here, cheering you on!! :flowerforyou:
  • pffssas
    pffssas Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    thank you!!!
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    * Singing - "One Down, One to Go, Another town and One More Show... ....Goodbye goodbye goodbye bad, Hello hello heaven, Ah leave it" Jon Anderson YES - Leave It! *

http://youtu.be/f2fdkPOVVu0
  • LamsieDee
    LamsieDee Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm here to help n cheer you on your way. You can do it!
  • pffssas
    Options
    Week 1 is here!!! 6/10/12 Goals:

1) graduate from my film classes this week!!! Have 3 tests to pass...yay!
    2) lose 2lbs this week...no measurement goals.
    3) facial 10 women...or host 1 Perfect 10 Party. Have to work my facial and/or my party FULL CIRCLE!

I'm ready! I'm ready!!!
  • Classicgem
    Options
    You have a very busy schedule, but you can do it.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I have faith in you my friend!!
  • Liasings
    Liasings Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Looks like you have a good attitude. Go for it! We will be here to cheer you on. :flowerforyou:
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    U can do this!
  • pffssas
    Options
    Soooo I was down 2.2lbs this am, but I know that loss is from last week...just goes to show what hard work will do! Thanx for all the support and encouragement guys!!!
  • pffssas
    Options
    Sooooo last week I discovered that I couldn't carry my MK bags...hmmm, I couldn't hold my cameras to pass my field production test, and I couldn't move the mouse fast enough to pass my editing test. WOW. There are several ways that I can look at my last week, I can say I failed OR I can say I learned that everything happens for a reason! Week 2 of my 52 week makeover will be spent STUDYING. I may not be able to physically perform the tasks that I need to for the next 3 weeks BUT I can fill my head with weightlifting knowledge for my physical transformation...I can study my film producing books to become a better tv producer and I can work on building relationships with my Mary Kay director and team members to create a much stronger team. My 1st week of this journey did not go as planned...but it went exactly how it was supposed to. I'm grateful to have 3 weeks of down time to PREPARE for becoming my best me.
    Because I have soooo much downtime for the next month or so, my challenge for myself for week 2 is to learn.

1) Read Jillian Michaels metabolism book for my weight loss education
    2) Re-read Identity by Stedman Graham to make sure I'm REALLY living MY TRUTH
    3) Read Mary Kay Ash's book on leadership to help develop my biz
    4) Read STORY by Robert McKee to develop my tv producing skills
    5) (okay and a little bit of action) a minimum of 10k steps EVERYDAY and 10 flights of steps EVERYDAY

*This is not the strong amazing week I envisioned myself starting with...but I REFUSE to give up. I'm taking my lemons and making lemonade!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!

Sounds like you have a great plan and you're making your goals achievable but not expecting too much too fast

i'm a screenwriter and i still need to read that book by McKee
  • mollysonnotice
    Options
    You seem very determined and eager to move forward! I like it! Keep this motivation up because THAT'S what makes the changes. That's what it's all about! I wish you luck (not that you really need it.... You seem to have it all figured out, but still, it's nice) and a happy journey!
  • pffssas
    Options
    @Molly and Mesha, thank you!!!
    I forgot to post my successes from last week: down 1.4lbs, over 70k steps walked and over 200 floors of stairs. (in spite of slacking for 3 days). I need to remember how well my body responds when I treat her right...I need that inspiration when I'm having a bad day.
  • pffssas
    Options
    Week 3 of my 52 week makeover should begin tomorrow...but for me its a reset. We're quickly approaching July 5th, the anniversary of me cutting off my hair and vowing to repair my skin. I will be resetting my mfp day counter THEN. That day is the single most impactful day OF MY LIFE. It was the day I gave myself permission to be me. So my goal for this next week is to prepare. Prepare for my INDEPENDENCE CELEBRATION!!! There are no words to describe how incredibly excited I am to be EXACTLY WHERE I AM. Happy with me, my life my business my family and most of all my future. Am I taking the week off? ABSOLUTELY NOT! I will be working on renewing my mind, body, and heart ALL WEEK LONG.