This is mostly for my friends - (pics!)

Options
brookepenni
brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
This is mostly for my friends - but I enjoy a good brag, so i'll open it up to the floor :)

I joined MFP on 4th May 2011 at 201 lbs (94.8kgs), I'm 5 foot 1 (157cms). Im actually at my first goal weight - I now weigh 138lbs (62.3kgs) however Ive reassessed and have decided to keep going a few more pounds.

Ive recently purchased a bikini (well tankini) for my up coming holiday to Jordan and Israel (hence more cover up, needed). I had mentioned this on my wall and have been encouraged by friends to post photos...

So - a bit about my background. For 12 months I ate around 1200-1300 calories a day (without eating my exercise calories back). Its only been the last 2 months Ive increased my calories and now eat between 1500-1700 a day. I havent spent any time doing any real strength training, however I do Les Mills Body Pump twice a week. I also run and started off with 5kms, then 10kms and now I run half marathons. I participate in Les Mills Body Attack (high intensity aerobics) twice a week also and in September I will be doing training to become an instructor. I go through stages where I swim and attend spin classes also - however my focus right now is my long distance running.

I try and eat good healthy food. I rarely eat takeaway, prefering to make myself a burger or a pizza. I cut out alot of alcohol, drinking only once or twice a fortnight (instead of 4 -5 nights a week!). My weakness in life is and always icecream, and Ive gone through stages where I had to ban it from the house, and other periods where I could control it.

Anyway - enough talk - now to the photos!!
First - the before... In swimmers too so you can see the full picture!
P1250163text.jpg

And now - the latest pics! With my dogs who just have to be in the photo (Penni is the blonde one!)
fullcrop-1.jpg

The abs....
absbellycrop-1.jpg
abscrop-1.jpg

The back....
backcrop.jpg

The back and the bottom...
bckcrop-1.jpg

Good luck guys - all the best with your journey! If I can do this, I am pretty sure you can too!!!

Replies

• Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    This is amazing :) x really inspiring!
  • felicia8604
    felicia8604 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • dynamicwon
    dynamicwon Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congrats...Les Mills is the best I love Body Pump, being an instructor is a great way to help you maintain your weight and its fun too!
  • Penelope2Plyr
    Penelope2Plyr Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great transformation and have fun strutting around in your bikini. You look great!
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Brooke, you are amazing!!!!
  • Dra57
    Dra57 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! You look great!
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fabulous - great transformation. What an inspiration!

Enjoy your holiday:)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    This is mostly for my friends - but I enjoy a good brag, so i'll open it up to the floor :)

I joined MFP on 4th May 2011 at 201 lbs (94.8kgs), I'm 5 foot 1 (157cms). Im actually at my first goal weight - I now weigh 138lbs (62.3kgs) however Ive reassessed and have decided to keep going a few more pounds.

Ive recently purchased a bikini (well tankini) for my up coming holiday to Jordan and Israel (hence more cover up, needed). I had mentioned this on my wall and have been encouraged by friends to post photos...

So - a bit about my background. For 12 months I ate around 1200-1300 calories a day (without eating my exercise calories back). Its only been the last 2 months Ive increased my calories and now eat between 1500-1700 a day. I havent spent any time doing any real strength training, however I do Les Mills Body Pump twice a week. I also run and started off with 5kms, then 10kms and now I run half marathons. I participate in Les Mills Body Attack (high intensity aerobics) twice a week also and in September I will be doing training to become an instructor. I go through stages where I swim and attend spin classes also - however my focus right now is my long distance running.

I try and eat good healthy food. I rarely eat takeaway, prefering to make myself a burger or a pizza. I cut out alot of alcohol, drinking only once or twice a fortnight (instead of 4 -5 nights a week!). My weakness in life is and always icecream, and Ive gone through stages where I had to ban it from the house, and other periods where I could control it.

Anyway - enough talk - now to the photos!!
    First - the before... In swimmers too so you can see the full picture!
    P1250163text.jpg

And now - the latest pics! With my dogs who just have to be in the photo (Penni is the blonde one!)
    fullcrop-1.jpg

The abs....
    absbellycrop-1.jpg
    abscrop-1.jpg

The back....
    backcrop.jpg

The back and the bottom...
    bckcrop-1.jpg

Good luck guys - all the best with your journey! If I can do this, I am pretty sure you can too!!!

Brooke, to say your progress and the photos are impressive would be an understatement - absolutely incredible, seriously!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! So no 'woah your legs look like a mans legs' thoughts then?!?!? Haha as Di said, should have punched her and shown her my muscles in my arms too hahaha!!! Must kidding!!

(for anyone wondering, a girl at work was trying (I think) to give me a compliment the other day by saying I had the muscliest legs she's ever see, and that she couldn't stop staring at them and they looked like they belong on a man... Then she asked me what I did to get them, and when I told her, she replied with - oh that seems lopike a lot of hard work... And just wondered off!!!)
  • pg3ibew
    pg3ibew Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    First of all, YOU LOOK GREAT. Congrats.

I read your story and laughed at the ice cream part.

I LOVE ice cream. And I eat it just about everyday. You live in CT, so I am sure they have EDY'S Ice cream there. I buy the SLOW CHURNED. It has half the calories of regular ice cream. It is NOT DIET ice cream or any crap like that. It is REAL ice cream. One serving has between 110 and 130 calories, depending on the flavor you buy.

I make an awesome 250 calorie dessert.

1/2 cup of Edy's ice cream
    1 fiber one 90 calorie brownie
    2 tablespoons of light whipped cream. Land-o-lakes, i think.

I eat it 5-7 nights a week and lost over 60 pounds.
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Grat job! You look fantastic.
  • EmmaGem76
    EmmaGem76 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Freakin awesome!!
  • aprilgrl27
    aprilgrl27 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    fabulous!!!
  • mc1217
    mc1217 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    you look a lot smaller than 138, being that you're only 5'1''! must be muscle!!! :smile:

CONGRATS -- you really do look BEAUTIFUL!!!! Enjoy your vaca - you've earned it (and cute swim suit too)!
  • Aljn27
    Aljn27 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    excellent job. keep up the wonderful work. You look great!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Hollie_downunder
    Options
    Brooke you are FREAKIN AWESOME WOMAN!! :)

Great work in a year!! Life changing

You are a great motivator to your friends on MFP too, love it!
  • SHORTYSF
    SHORTYSF Posts: 9
    Options
    I think you look beautiful! People who make stupid comments like "legs like a man" on a perfectly "FIT" woman usually do so out of sheer jealousy. Keep up the good work!!! I wish I would end up looking like that - and btw 25 years ago when I was an aerobics instructor, my husband HATED my big bulgy biceps/delts...was upset mine were bigger than his (they were not.....) Can't wait for those babies to come back!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    wow!! amazing job!
  • focus4fitness
    focus4fitness Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I think you look beautiful! People who make stupid comments like "legs like a man" on a perfectly "FIT" woman usually do so out of sheer jealousy.

QFT
  • Lindaendall
    Lindaendall Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Brooke - you look fantastic - you have been such an inspiration to all your friends. Funnily enough - I actually considered a tankini for my hols - just back today - but bottled out, wish I had though.

Your photos are great and show how much hard work you have put in. YOU ARE FANTASTIC AND A FANTASTIC SUPPORT TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

Loads of love

Linda (nicely tanned from Spain!! - had to get that one in):flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!