Cleanse

Options
Hey,
I'm a stay at home mom, whose trying to re-get on track. I really want to do a cleanse cause I have just fallen off and eaten crap for a while. Any suggestions for an inexpensive and easily prepared type of cleanse? Thanks!

Replies

• ably65
    ably65 Posts: 41
    Options
    I can't handle doing a cleanse but I have friends who swear by the Fat Flush. The Author also has a short detox cleanse. If you google it it is easy to find.
  • jillian769
    jillian769 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    The Master Cleanse is a good one, I have done it a few times...not too expensive and it works well!
  • steinbok
    steinbok Posts: 82
    Options
    I'm working on a digestive cleanse right now, and am going to a colon cleanse after that. Both are part of Dr.Clark's series of recommended cleanses to get parasites out of your gut, where a lot of them live. Occasionally, I'll use senna tea.(at night, of course)
  • now_or_never12
    now_or_never12 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    You don't really need to do a cleanse.

Drink lots of water, limit processed foods and eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies and lean meats.

Your body cleanses itself
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do a cleanse every spring, there are lots of naysayers here when it comes to cleansing but I love how well I feel afterwards. I don't do the cleanses for weightloss, but do it to get me back on track, eating properly and REALLY watching what I eat. You can't argue with the amount of energy I have, my skin clears up, my eyes are brighter, my hair and nails are in better condition...there are so many benefits.

I've done the Master Cleanse, Trikleanse, Wild Rose Herbal Detox, and so on and so on. My favourite, the one I'm currently doing is the Clean Program. There is a book you can buy ,but really there is more information about the cleanse itself on the website than in the book. You can also purchase the cleanse from them, but it costs $425. I've never bought it, I like the fact that they are upfront about what is in each of the items, their website has downloads with ALL the information. This makes it possible to do it yourself. As well, their "elimination diet" includes a lot of food and is very easy to do.

The Clean Program involves a protein smoothie for breakfast and dinner and lunch and snacks (if needed) from the "elimination diet" food list. Basically it's no wheat, no sugar, no dairy, very limited soy, no red meat. I'm doing the cleanse using pumpkin protein powder (can also use brown rice, hemp or pea protein), a multi vitamin, digestive enzyme, acidophilous, oregano oil and milk thistle for liver support. All in all for three weeks it has cost me about sixty dollars in supplements, but my weekly cost of food is way down. I'm eating chicken breast, salmon, sardines (in water or olive oil), salad mixes, quinoa, brown rice and loads of veg. Favorite snack right now is a brown rice cake with sunflower butter and sprouts (but I eat that normally anyway).

This is day seven and I feel amazing, for the most part I'm not that hungry...although last night I had a killer craving, but it wasn't actual hunger. I am still going to the gym, so MFP is great for helping make sure I get my carbs and proteins in. I love cleansing, both my doctor and my trainer have told me it's okay to do as long as you're smart about it and make sure you get your nutrients.