Shopping bag of Success

Options
Hi all,

just thought I'd share my own method that keeps me motivated.

At the beginning of each weekend I get a large shopping bag and fill it with things that add up to my total weight loss, then I keep the bag in the kitchen and each time I feel a moment of weakness I lift it and realise how far I've come already.

It really helps to show how much I'm losing even though I've got a long way to go, my children have already got used to the idea and ask "what's in the bag this week mum?" lol.

This week I've got 4 bottles of wine in it (I may as well do something with it as I'm not drinking it!) and it's HEAVY. I can't believe that I was carrying that about only 4 weeks ago. It's the first time I'm looking forward to some heavy shopping.

What would be in your bag?

Replies

• beenisafe
    beenisafe Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    hahahaha. What a cool idea. I bet it stops you from reaching the cookie jar.
  • maisimac
    maisimac Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!

I keep it in front of the fridge lol.
  • Rosa1213
    Rosa1213 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Oh my God, that's the best idea ever!
    I'm going to do this, no joke!
  • ShifuYaku
    ShifuYaku Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    That is a really awesome idea... I think maybe a heavy pumpkin would be in my bag, say about 20 pound one? :D LOL
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I guess I would put 13 1-gallon water jugs in my biggest duffel bag and hope the seams hold....
  • rheelizabeth
    rheelizabeth Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I LOVE this idea!!
  • comet_wow
    comet_wow Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Lol, great idea!

I'd have 18 bags of sugar in mine :)
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea, years ago when I was giving weight watchers a try the leader brought in a pound of butter and drummed it into us that basically every time we lose a pound that is exactly what we are losing. I still remember and think that I am carrying all that "butter" fat around every day.
  • maisimac
    maisimac Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It's the same idea as this, but I keep it handy and in the way all the time, motivates me every time I have to move it!
  • ChanniVincent
    Options
    This is a really neat idea. I would have some bottles of pop and a 40 pounder in mine.