Apples

Options
:happy: I am on my 4th week n still learning. I want to eat an apple but it shows 39 Carbs n I can only have 20 a day. Do we count the Fruit or not? Help - I just can't remember and sure want to eat my apple. Thank U so much.

Replies

• sharmeen13
    Options
    Eat half? :)
  • runnerrocky
    Options
    Thanks. Not a bad idea.
  • Wonderob
    Wonderob Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Can't help thinking that any diet that stops you eating one nutritious, healthy piece of fruit a day can't be good for you
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    Can't help thinking that any diet that stops you eating one nutritious, healthy piece of fruit a day can't be good for you

straight up. eat the damned apple.
  • kmh0617
    kmh0617 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I could't agree more.
  • TheSlimWithin
    Options
    Seriously, don't even worry about it. Sure, you'd be over your carb limit but it's GOOD carbs - they're healthy! Enjoy it. :)
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I would eat the apple and not count the carbs, just do a quick add of calories. Yum apples!
  • erneseeter
    erneseeter Posts: 22
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that your entire daily target for carbs is 20. That seems wrong.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Why is your daily goal carb number set at 20? That doesn't really sound right, or healthy for that matter.

Eat the apple, I can guarantee you it won't kill you. Plus it's better to give in to a healthy craving than a bad one.
  • hopeandlove91
    hopeandlove91 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Eat the apple :)
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Agree!! Love an apple at break time.... crunchy, sweet and good fiber!! Wish people would worry more about empty carbs or stupid soda pop!!! (diet or otherwise!)
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to believe that your entire daily target for carbs is 20. That seems wrong.

It sounds like the beginning phase of a low carb diet like Atkins. I could never survive on something like that!
  • Urzu07
    Urzu07 Posts: 39
    Options
    Limiting your carbs to that extreme isn't great for your body. Unless your goal is to be in Ketosis, then don't fret over the carbs, as the body runs optimally on them. My advice: eat the apple, and worry less on the amount of carbs it has.
  • runnerrocky
    Options
    :happy: Thanks to all. I will eat my apple - just did not know if I should count the carbs or not. trying to be good and get to my goal. This is a big change for me but I love this plan. Learning a lot about nutrition. thanks again for your input. I am knew at this and thanks for your patience.
  • cazzy147
    cazzy147 Posts: 47
    Options
    In my mind, if its healthy like Fruit or Veg i dont bother counting anything but the calories. Theyre good for you
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I have a hard time with any 'diet' that makes it nearly impossible to eat fresh fruits. Fruits are a GREAT source of fiber.
  • FlyEaglesGuy
    FlyEaglesGuy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    20 carbs a day, sounds like somebody is doing Atkins diet are we?
  • melissachipman123
    Options
    Are you trying to do Atkins or something? Because 20 carbs is crazy! You would not have any energy to move! Eat the apple!
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're trying to follow Atkin's initiation? If so, the apple is off limits, but I would avoid counting calories if you're restricting carbs that severely. Combining a strict virtually-no-carb diet and a low-calorie diet is way over the top. If you want to go the MFP route, ditch the Atkins.
  • Sunlight2011
    Sunlight2011 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

straight up. eat the damned apple.