AMEN!!!!!!
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    I asked my pet snake -- he said eat it and share some with your BF
  • cannonsky
    cannonsky Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    20g of carbs a day? I eat more than that in one meal.

Eat apples.. they are awesome
  • melissachipman123
    Options
    Healthy diet: End the guesswork with these nutrition guidelines
    By Mayo Clinic staff
    Introduction
    Carbohydrates
    Protein
    Fat
    Saturated fat
    Trans fat
    Cholesterol
    Fiber
    Sodium
    Sugar
    Carbohydrates

Description: Carbohydrates are a type of nutrient found in many foods and beverages. Carbohydrates are your body's main energy source. Most carbohydrates are naturally occurring in plant-based foods. Food manufacturers also add carbohydrates to processed foods as starches or added sugar. Carbohydrates in the form of sugars, starches and fiber are found in legumes, grains, vegetables, fruits, milk, baked goods and many other foods.

Recommendation: Get 45 to 65 percent of your daily calories from carbohydrates. Carbohydrates have 4 calories a gram. Based on a 2,000-calorie-a-day diet, this amounts to 900 to 1,300 calories a day, or about 225 to 325 grams. Emphasize natural, nutrient-dense carbohydrates from fruits and vegetables, beans and legumes, and whole grains. Limit less healthy sugar-sweetened beverages, desserts and refined grain products.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Can't help thinking that any diet that stops you eating one nutritious, healthy piece of fruit a day can't be good for you

straight up. eat the damned apple.

I agree. Don't diet to lose quickly, eat better for life to be healthier for life!
  • runnerrocky
    Options
    Thank you. That makes sense.
  • kazza2cats
    kazza2cats Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Unless you are on a super low carb diet your settings should be :-

Fat 30%
    Protein 30%
    Carbs 40%
    Fibre 30g
    Sodium 2500mg

This can be changed in your goal tabs.

Glad you ate the apple :happy:
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Can't help thinking that any diet that stops you eating one nutritious, healthy piece of fruit a day can't be good for you

^^this!
  • runnerrocky
    Options
    No - but doing Mediweightloss. Its set at 20 however, there is a lot of info I am not clear about yet. I will get with them 2morrow and check. Several folks have replied not to count the carbs on the fruit and Veggies and think they are correct. However, I am learning a lot from all of you and do appreciate the input. You have a nice day.
  • runnerrocky
    Options
    Thank you. This is all very helpful information for me. Learning something new with each reply I am getting and so far yours is one of my favorite. Have a good day.
  • datsyoung
    datsyoung Posts: 1
    Options
    I love apples and eat them all of the time. Natural sugar is okay and better than added sugar. I read in Natural Health magazine, awesome magazine, that eating an apple before you eat your meal helps you eat less and it really works. I eat way less and don't crave unhealthy foods!