ODD Question...

Options
bnelly55
bnelly55 Posts: 88 Member
Tonight I'm planning on having chicken for dinner fried in some olive oil. My question though is how would I log the olive oil? Let's say I use 2-3 tbsp, how much of that am I actually ingesting? Any ideas?

Replies

• glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Log it all unless there is some left in the pan, then deduct that amount.
  • melissachipman123
    Options
    Heres a link to some really good baked fried chicken! http://www.food.com/recipe/baked-up-fried-chicken-low-fat-356549 its only 220 calories per breast and taste awesome! But other wise you have to count all that olive oil.
  • melissachipman123
    Options
    Nice work on your weight loss by the way! Good job!
    How can you fry chicken in 2-3 tbs? That I want to know!
  • redcat17
    redcat17 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe function. Enter all of the ingredients and the amount of servings and it will calculate the amount of calories in each serving.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    Why would you use that much oil? I frequently sautee chicken breast in less than 1 TEAspoon of oil. Just put a lid over it for the first five minutes, then flip it; and leave the lid on, but a little ajar. The lid traps the moisture released from the chicken and keeps it from dryng out. Use the Medium Low setting on your rangetop.
  • bnelly55
    bnelly55 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I haven't had fried foods in over 8 months, but I want some fried chicken breast lol. I don't know if I'll need that much oil, but it's great to know you can use less! Thanks guys!
  • kubyshechka
    kubyshechka Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is how I do it. I ususally roast chicken breast in the oven and I put more then 3 tablespoons of olive oil so it doesn't burn. When the chicken is done I put it on the paper towel to drain, after that I usualy log it as 1 tsp or 0.33 of serving of olive oil. I don't use any specific tools. I just eyeball it and do my best estimation.
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I usually use just about 1 teaspoon and count it all....
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Nice work on your weight loss by the way! Good job!
    How can you fry chicken in 2-3 tbs? That I want to know!

I think OP means pan fried as opposed to deep fried :)