Reached my goal weight and feel fantastic! (Photos inside)

Options
So, I'll do the normal thing and explain a bit of my story first. Bear with me, it'll be over soon. I joined this site last summer, after I'd gained some weight due to the stress of college and two jobs. I'm 5'5 and went from 136 to 145.

It doesn't seem drastic, I know, but here's the thing about college. Not only are you constantly stressed and tempted to grab quick, easy things either on campus or at fast food restaurants, but you're also surrounded by all these pretty people. I'm talking perfectly built, effortlessly fit people who can eat whatever they want whenever they want and still look amazing.

My roommate is one of these people. She's also my best friend in the entire world, but living with her for three years was really tough, especially after I gained the weight my junior year (the junior 15!). She also seemed to get a lot more attention from guys, which may not have been her weight at all, but of course I decided it had to be. I went through a really bad bout of low self-esteem, and by last summer I was sick of it. So I joined here, exercised regularly, got a job taking care of horses, and I dropped 20 pounds. I was down to 125, which was 11 pounds lighter than my usual weight.

Over the course of my senior year, I gained some of it back and hit 136 again, so I started up a new summer shape-up routine. Now, however, I focus MUCH more on eating healthier. I also do more strength training, and take lifting classes twice a week. Today I took a picture of myself and I couldn't believe how happy I was with the result! I'm 15.9% body fat at 128.

Once again, I know that I wasn't drastically overweight or even overweight before, but it's ALL about self-perception. I saw myself and felt fat. I saw my roommate and felt like I was lacking. I saw all those pretty, skinny people and felt bad about myself. Now I'm thrilled with how I look!

The left is from April at 136, and the right was taken today.

beforeafter.jpg

Replies

• ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    looking good hun - great job
  • rohmaansarii
    rohmaansarii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! great job :)
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Great job! See, the only thing that SUCKS bout being a girl is: the fact that we LOSE our bust area very quickly! In the first pic to the 2nd pic theres a huge difference in that area. AND THAT'S WHATS HAPPENING TO ME! I swear by the end of this journey I'm gonna end up flat chested!
  • LeggiGetsFit
    LeggiGetsFit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!! Great transformation!
  • C00lCountry
    C00lCountry Posts: 282
    Options
    Great job on the weight lose.

How did you come up with body fat 15.9%?
  • mjmcruz
    mjmcruz Posts: 26
    Options
    you look great! congratulations!!
  • Sirxx99
    Sirxx99 Posts: 43
    Options
    Grats! you look great.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    You look great! Way to persevere!
  • OhKelsey1
    OhKelsey1 Posts: 139
    Options
    Great job! Well see the only thing that SUCKS bout being a girl is: the fact that we LOSE our bust area very quickly! In the first pic to the 2nd pic theres a huge difference there. AND THATS WHATS HAPPEND TO ME! I swear by the end of this journey Im gonna end up flat chested! ughhhh scared!

Haha, I know what you mean! Although in the first I was totally wearing a Victoria Secret push-up bra bathing suit. But yeah, my bras still fit, but they are looser. It's lame, but I love my flatter stomach so much that I'm willing to sacrfice. I still have a nice bust, if I do say so myself, so I think you'll be fine. :)
  • OhKelsey1
    Options
    Great job on the weight lose.

How did you come up with body fat 15.9%?

I got to Lifestyle Family Fitness, and they have a machine there that measures weight, BMI, BF% and other things. I doubt it's completely exact, but it's supposed to be a pretty good measuring system. :)
  • beckyg101
    beckyg101 Posts: 30
    Options
    You look awesome!! Good work!!
  • severnc
    severnc Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!!! girl, this is such an inspiration to me since i'm a college student and all that jazz.
    great job, many many congrats :)
  • ashlafer
    ashlafer Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way to go, you look great! I know, it's ridiculously hard to watch your weight and nutrition in college, especially when there is so much judgement revolving around limiting your caloric intake.
  • LaviMc
    LaviMc Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Great job, honey!
  • littlebuddy84
    littlebuddy84 Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Great job. You look great :-)
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful! Congrats!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congrats!

Your going to have such a fun summer! You look great in your bikini!

Enjoy!
  • fervc60
    fervc60 Posts: 70
    Options
    Congrats. You look good.
  • Sirxx99
    Sirxx99 Posts: 43
    Options
    Great job! See, the only thing that SUCKS bout being a girl is: the fact that we LOSE our bust area very quickly! In the first pic to the 2nd pic theres a huge difference in that area. AND THAT'S WHATS HAPPENING TO ME! I swear by the end of this journey I'm gonna end up flat chested!

It happens, but true beauty comes from within. Everything in life is give and take and nothing is perfect. The important thing is how you feel about yourself and how you feel about your accomplishments.
  • OhKelsey1
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!