Should/Do you log supplements and vitamins on MFP?

Options
I have been logging them as food notes on MFP for the past week or so, but im thinking im going to start logging them through the log instead. I was thinking that way the nutrition they bring will be counted in my logs? I obviously log protein shakes as they have some calories worth tracking (~100cal) but never tracked others (Omega-3. Vitamin D, MV, Gluta, CM, etc etc etc).

What do you guys do?

Replies

• rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    curious to see what others do.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    I have my supplements in my food log. It serves the purpose of reminding me to take them, too.
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    Yes. I only have 3 to track, but I do record them. Not because they have any calories (well, one does but it's fairly negligible), but to make sure I don't forget to take them. Centrum, Calcium w/Vitamin D and a B complex, all on doctor's orders.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I started putting the vitamins in the food log. That way on my phone and tablet I can easily see if I deficient in a few nutrients. It doesn't show as easily on the web version, for some strange reason.

I also log MCT oil, olive oil, or coconut oil with the food as well. And of course protein powder or anything else with major calories.

I don't log fish oil or CLA as they really don't have a significant trackable affect on this app's output.
  • theman49
    theman49 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ok so I am now going to start logging all my sup's and see if i like it better.
    Here is what i did before (up to this day):
    I copied this little mini-log into my food notes for the next month or so, and i would update the numbers throughout the day. This way i could keep track but it never got logged. (NOTE - The numbers in the brackets are how many i SHOULD eat a day and the numbers after the colon would be how many i HAD eaten for that day):

O3 (3): 0
    VD (1): 0
    G (6): 0
    FB (4): 0
    MV (2): 0
    CM (1): 0
    PROT (2): 0
    PREWORK (1): 0

*And incase anyone is wondering about what they stand for, in order its: omega3, vitaminD, glutamine, fat burner, multivitamin, creatine monohydrate, protein, and preworkout
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I put mine is as a recipe - that way if I change brands or something I can just update it and it adds them all in at once.
  • theman49
    theman49 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I put mine is as a recipe - that way if I change brands or something I can just update it and it adds them all in at once.

Hmm that sounds like a good idea. It groups them all together then?