Best Veggie Burgers??

Options
13»

Replies

• vmelton21
    vmelton21 Posts: 5
    Options
    Someone may have said it already...but Morningstar farms "Spicy Black Bean" burgers are the bomb! Also when trying veggie burgers for the first time, don't expect them to taste like a McDonald's Cheeseburger or something. They aren't. But they are delicious in their own way. Also, whatever Subway uses as their veggie patty for the "Veggie Max" is awesome!
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I like Boca brand vegan recipe veggie burgers... I simply like the fact that Boca brand veggie burgers taste more like beef burgers than the other brands I have tried...
  • lisao62
    lisao62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Best-of-Everything-Veggie-Burgers/Detail.aspx, These are very good burgers. Recipe makes 8 burgers so I usually double it and freeze the leftovers
  • bellieff
    bellieff Posts: 43
    Options
    i always get Gardenburger's Black bean chipotle burger patty. favorite :)
  • nopudgepoot
    nopudgepoot Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Dr. Praeger's veggie burgers are by far the best ones I've tried so far!
  • fitandyoga
    fitandyoga Posts: 27
    Options
    Morningstar spicy black bean are the best!
  • sunkissedxo20
    Options
    I've never had one before, but I'm trying to cut out as much meat as I can.. Just bought some Lightlife Farmer's Market Veggie burgers today from Walmart. Can anyone tell me if they're any good?? Or what you would recommend? Thanks!

To be honest, the frozen veggie burgers aren't all that great - but if I had to choose I'd settle for Amy's.

I'd recommend this really SIMPLE recipe on chefchloe dot com

it's listed under mexicali sliders - delicious!!
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Snuffer's Bar & Grill Black Bean Burger on a Cracked Wheat Bun...if you're ever in Addison, Texas.

:bigsmile:
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of morningstar farms.... I like the spicy black bean burgers, and the california turk'y burgers... Both are delish. Lately I've been Loving either of these heated up and topped with 1/4 cup white kidney beans or black beans, 1/8 cup reduced sodium cottage cheese and 2 tbsp salsa. YUM!!
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Love Morningstar farms Black Bean burger and Mushroom lovers burger
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I really like pretty much anything by Morningstar Farms, but their Grillers original is particularly yummy!

^^This!! I have yet to meet a Morningstar Farms item yet that I did not like. My favorites are the Mushroom Lovers and the Grillers Prime, and the Black Bean burger
  • samntha14
    samntha14 Posts: 2,084 Member
    Options
    I like the Morning star Grillers and Sonic makes an awesome edeme based burger if your looking at fast food one day in desperation.
  • peasantgirly
    peasantgirly Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own. 4 ingredients, super easy!! Or play around with it and try different spices.

1 can Eden Organic black soy beans No Sodium
    2 Tbsp Bob's Almond flour (you could use regular flour)
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp garlic powder

Mash it all up with a potato masher and form into patties. Fry, grill, bake, broil, whatever.

YUM!
    Real food, no chemicals, additives, preservatives, etc.

Makes 2 large burgers.

Each burger:
    259 calories
    4 net carbs
    54mg sodium
    21g protein
    14g fat
  • DaveneGfit
    DaveneGfit Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You have to be careful because a lot of veggie burgers out there are not very good for you. I personally have had great success with Sunshine Burgers. They are made from real food, soy free, and gluten free. Other than that I am always a fan of Amy's of soy doen't bother you