Hanging In There

Options
:smile: Hello Everyone,
I joined not too long ago. This is it for me. I've been trying to loose weight for sometime but always seem to fall off the bandwagon, I'm giving it one more shot, so far so good. I gone over my protein limit 2x, is that ok?, i think it's the carbs that i should watch carefully. Thanks in advance for any input. Hey guys, how did you get your ticker on here?, sorry, i'm terrible with computers.

Replies

• LABONTEM
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I only joined a couple of days ago, but I've been at the weight loss game a long time... I've always struggled with my weight.

For me I have to use a combo of diet AND exercise. Just diet won't do it.... just exercise won't do it. I need both! I don't want any fad diet that won't transfer to a healthy lifestyle change... that hasn't worked for me either.

Carbs, fats, and proteins all have their place in a healthy diet. Fruit for example is very high in carbs. The way the MFP goals are laid out, it already calculates a healthy ratio of these nutrients. If you try to stick to that, and stay within your daily calorie goal you should get results. I've also gone over on my protein a couple of times, but I'm still losing.

Having said that, I will also say that I do try to stay away from high-carb or high-fat foods that don't have much (if any) nutritional value. Potato chips, butter, really sweet desserts... those types of foods I eat in extremely small quanties.

Good luck on your weight loss journey!!!

p.s. I see you figured out the ticker!! Good job!!
  • Advengirl
    Advengirl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Good luck, Judi!

I'm in the same boat with ya...'This is IT for me.'
    :D

From my understanding (and from what my doc/trainer has told me)...Too much protein isn't going to hurt you if it happens occassionally, but making a habit of too much protein is taxing on your liver/gallbaldder etc. She recommended that I increase my water intake on days that I go way over- but not to sweat it too much. :)