Minnesota Newbie

Options
Hi, my name is Karen and I came here looking for support in my weight loss journey. I also like the tools that you all have here to help you along and keep track of calories, fitness, etc. I have fought weight most of my life and done different diets. I quit smoking September 8, 2005 and started slowly but surely gaining weight. I am fairly active but still don't burn off as much of the calories as I should. I started going back to the fitness center at work and am counting calories. It is a hard habit to get into but worth it for now so I see what I can eat, and how much I have to burn off daily. I weigh 219. The most I ever weight was 240 many years ago when I quit smoking the first time. I got up to 230 this last time I quit and have lost some but want to lose more. I am sick of the way the weight makes me feel physically, not to mention the health hazards that can occur. I don't quit the alcohol years ago, quit smoking, and now I want to lose this weight and get fit. I am 46 years old and am tired of a life time of fighting the weight. Any questions, please ask. I am not shy in answering. :smile:

Replies

• Valkyriewoman
    Valkyriewoman Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen! Welcome to MFP. I'm a Minnesotan as well. Feel free to friend me. Where in MN are you?
  • scotter26
    scotter26 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've sent a request x
  • Almond_joyz
    Options
    Hello from Alexandria! I, too, am new to this whole thing. I am using Herbalife to lose weight and have lost 30 pounds so far. I had some digestive issues after getting off my prescription medication (YAY!) and things are back in check. I could also use some friendly motivation.
  • ferrytrip
    ferrytrip Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I'm in the Minneapolis Area - went from an very active job to a sit all day job & gained alot of weight. Been using myfitnesspal since March and have lost some weight, gained some back and lost it again, but I keep losing weight so its working. No weight loss drugs yet, just watching what I eat and trying to excercise. :smile: Feel free to friend. Best of luck.
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the warm welcome and I think I have most, if not all of you, on my friends' list now. I apprecitae all the support and hope I can do the same for you.

Karen
  • captnemo44
    captnemo44 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen you can add me im from Minnesota also.
  • Almond_joyz
    Options
    Hello from Alexandria! Can I friend you?
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi I am from MN too. Are you dry today?
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hello from Alexandria! Can I friend you?

HI I am from Fergus Falls > I will send you a friend invite.
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen, feel free to send me a friend request. I'm across the border :-)
  • lane823
    lane823 Posts: 41
    Options
    From Brainerd, here. Would love to have more Minnesota friends...
  • SunnyAndrsn
    SunnyAndrsn Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Is it possible? LOL, I got drenched walking to my van this afternoon. Literally, my shirt needed to be rung out. On the upside, I was able to jog to the van and didn't get out of breath.
  • ttesta20
    ttesta20 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi from West Virginia! Welcome to MFP and congrats on taking the first step toward getting healthy! There are a lot of supportive people here, and I think you will find that MFP will really help change your life - I know it did for me! Best of luck on your journey!
  • kathdela
    kathdela Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hi! Feel free to add me, I'm from Grand Rapids. Also, I see your from Duluth. Careful in that weather! Eesh!
  • amelialosesit
    amelialosesit Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a newbie as well from St. Cloud. (:
  • Mountainbiker2015
    Mountainbiker2015 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    WOW! My apologies, as I had not checked back on this post for a long time. I was not ignoring anyone. I have sent out some more invites to the people that responded here. I am still around and still losing and I give a lot of credit to this site and the great people here. Thank you all so much!:smile:

Karen