Options
hello ive been a member for a while but never posted

im currently on a mission to lose most of my body weight
im finding it really hard to keep motivated but im still carrying on

Replies

• leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Hey! Nice to "meet" you. :wink: Loose most of your bodywaight? That sounds drastic, but you probably know what you´re doing.:wink: It´s a good thing, you decided to join the community. I´m new in here, just started today, but I´m very positive about the support you get in here. It´ll be good for you. How much is `most of´ your bodywaight? And what motivates you? Lea
  • trustsnape
    trustsnape Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i need to lose about 168 pound

im not sure what really motivates me the only thing i want is to be slim
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Wow, that´s a lot...! You really need to be patient about it, when you want to loose that much. Just want to be thin. Hm, think of it as being healthy instead. It´s a lifestyle change, not ´just´ a diet. Who is there to motivate you and support you among family and friends? Personly, I´m almost on my own. I really need the support in here. It´s a good thing you decided to start in here and to be heard. :smile:
  • Tasha_89
    Tasha_89 Posts: 4
    Options
    HI! I'm also looking to lose most of my body weight (114 lbs-though when I started it the goal was 145lbs). I find it's hard to keep motivated too. The hardest part has been changing my eating habits. I'm also doing this because I want to be slimmer. I have never been happy with how I look and I'm finally doing something about it. So I guess I should say that I am doing this to look in the mirror and know that I am beautiful instead of looking for outside sources to tell me that I am. I also know that with slimming down I am going to become healthier, so I am trying to approach this from a lifestyle change standpoint. If you want a friend for some support feel free to add me. I'm not on every day, but log in majority of the week and keep track of my food and exercise. Best of luck!
  • trustsnape
    trustsnape Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    my family support me but they just dont understand they are all slim

i do exercise 4 times a week

i would like one day to look look in the mirror and like what i see

i know its not going to be for some time i just dont know what i should do as i have alot of weight to lose
  • MichPace8
    MichPace8 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! It is so important to make it a life style change! This is going to be a tough journey, and its going to be really hard, but you have already taken the first step! It is going to take time. It will be worth it in the end!!!

Some tips to help you from getting discouraged:

1. Take your weight first thing in the morning after you have used the bathroom. Take is ONCE and HIDE your scale until your next weigh in, in TWO WEEKS.

2. DO NOT compare yourself to any person or magazine model. compare your self to your goals and where you want to be

3. The weight will come off rather quickly when you have that much to loose. Set mini goals and stick to them.

Add me as a friend and i will help you as much as I can!

Michelle, certified persona trainer.
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    A little quote I found recently really hit me. I just started but I still like it.

Focus on how far you've come, not how far you have left to go.

For me, having just started, it's motivating because I've come far enough to actually change my eating habits and actually exercise. From being a couch potato, it's a huge accomplishment.