Extreme sleepiness?

Options
butterflylover527
butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
About 1 1/2 weeks ago I started getting really tired. By 4 pm I am ready for bed.

I have not changed food or exercise pattersn, sleeping patterns, no extra stress, nothing.

Today I started having a terrible headache along w/ the sleepiness.

Any ideas on what's up? Anything to help?
Feel free to look at my diary if you think that might help.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Maybe you aren't getting enough protein. Both myself and my friend had that issue and after I did some research we both upped our protein intake and the issue went away. Hope that helps. :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant?
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    Could you be pregnant?

Legit question, but definitely not that lol
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    Maybe you aren't getting enough protein. Both myself and my friend had that issue and after I did some research we both upped our protein intake and the issue went away. Hope that helps. :)

I have a feeling I'm going to have to try a few different things and this will now be one of them, thanks!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant?

I only asked because those were the first two symptoms I had when I was pregnant. I see you are tracking your sodium, see if you can get your amount of sodium down and see if that helps.
  • butterflylover527
    Options
    Could you be pregnant?

I only asked because those were the first two symptoms I had when I was pregnant. I see you are tracking your sodium, see if you can get your amount of sodium down and see if that helps.

I'll try that too, thanks!
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Did you recently give up caffeine?
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    extreme sleepiness is usually a sign that you could be lacking iron....
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I did not get the chance to look at your diary, but are you eating enough?
  • bikechic61
    bikechic61 Posts: 39
    Options
    Should you have your thyroid levels checked? Especially since you haven't changed anything.
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    That's what happens to me just before TOTM kicks in...I can't stay awake to save my life and my head is usually splitting. I found that upping the protein helped a bit, and adding a little extra salt did too. I usually stay low sodium in general, but at my TOTM I will eat the normal sodium stuff.
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    you should go and see your family doctor. Have his order some blood tests. I would check your iron, B12, and thyroid. When this happened to me with the same symptoms, I was napping around 4 for an hour or two, then sleeping a 12-14 hr night. My B12 was very low.
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    This can be a concern.....I think it would be best to seek medical advice....if possible. There are many possiblites...aneam, diabetes..and the list goes one... I will Pray that you can get good medical advice and answers to your question and things will resolve soon.. Blessings!! <><
  • thranowski
    thranowski Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    It could be mono. It could be a number of things. I would try taking some vitamins too, if you aren't getting enough nutrients.
  • pinkita
    pinkita Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Waking up with a headache and feeling tired during the day are classic signs of sleep apnea.
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    My guess is that you're not getting enough calories in, read this blog by a member of the MFP group Eat More To Weigh Less:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/lillebanon/view/my-take-on-eating-more-to-weigh-less-254554

several good links too~
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Your protein is low...It should be at about 100 - 125 yours looks low to me.

Good luck : )
  • BooBoo1264
    BooBoo1264 Posts: 164
    Options
    If you're on birth control i would go to the doctors and check your B12. Apparently it lowers your B12 and thats a big energy booster :)
  • RF3377
    RF3377 Posts: 97
    Options
    I was just about to sugeest going to your doctor for blood tests for anemia. Same was happening to myself and I have pernicious anemia.
  • ArtemisMoon
    ArtemisMoon Posts: 144
    Options
    People who are sensitive for sugar or have metabolic issues will struggle with being sleepy and tired. My mother, who was diagnosed with diabetes a couple of years ago struggled for years with just wanted to nap in the afternoons. So you might want to go lower on the sugar. Have you been tested recently?