More Postive Than FaceBook

Options
At first FB was about reconnecting or staying in touch with friends, but peolpe have just turned that into a whole new motto...I MUST say, so far MFP is a better site and just about everyone has 1 goal in mind....to look better or feel better! Everyone who agress post your thoughts...

Replies

• marirocks225
    marirocks225 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i totally agree. facebook is for social connecting, like with old friends or long lost family memebers. my fitness pal is also for social connecting but, on a whole different level with one main goal at the end. i love this site so much ! everyone is super positive and knows what it feels like to not be happy with themselves. i have gotten so motivated since i have joined !! whenever i start to feel down or like i have failed, i just come over to the forum and read other people's posts. it helps me feel better knowing that im not alone on those bad days LOL :)
  • RudeGyrl78
    RudeGyrl78 Posts: 21
    Options
    Yeah so very true!
  • wingednotes
    wingednotes Posts: 279
    Options
    I have a lot of positive friends on facebook, but this site is so focused on exactly what I want to be focused on, so I would say this is more positive than FB.
    FB has better games though. I'd much rather play gardens of time or farmville over "Rate the person above you" in the chat boards! :)
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    agree
  • Melonhead
    Melonhead Posts: 168
    Options
    Ever notice how most people on FB (well at least my freinds) only posts the GOOD stuff in their life? That's why i like MFP. It's real! Not everything in life is perfect. I have a weight problem, I need help staying motivated. Complete strangers haven taken me under their wings - now that's real
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    i totally agree. facebook is for social connecting, like with old friends or long lost family memebers. my fitness pal is also for social connecting but, on a whole different level with one main goal at the end. i love this site so much ! everyone is super positive and knows what it feels like to not be happy with themselves. i have gotten so motivated since i have joined !! whenever i start to feel down or like i have failed, i just come over to the forum and read other people's posts. it helps me feel better knowing that im not alone on those bad days LOL :)

Everyone is so positive. This frightens me. ;)
  • RudeGyrl78
    Options
    Melonhead....I feel exactly the same!
    gchutson....no need to be afraid..lol!
  • RudeGyrl78
    Options
    MFP is real....and I like REAL!!!
  • Friday74
    Friday74 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Agreed! There is a fantastic amount of positivity on this site - love it!
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I agree also.....I use to be on fb all the time but even though I have lots of friends on there nobody seems to want to chat. MFP pals are always here and ready to chat, listen or support me/us. I have been on mfp so much more than fb now.

Thanks to all mfp pals who are always here for me.