Frustrated!

Options
Hi, Okay so I am new on here. I've been ill for the last 2 years suffering from endometriosis. So I put on weight. I want to lose about 40lbs. Used to be a UK size 10. I'm also epileptic. Because of the medication and having a hormonal illness I find it difficult to lose the weight. Especially on my thighs. I've just find out my pelvis is completely out of alignment, having physio for it, but there are days when I am in pain. I am on a gluten, dairy and sugar free diet because of the endometriosis. Kept to it really well for 3 weeks, lost 10 pounds even though I wasn't doing much exercise. Then I started being in pain again and have found it difficult to get back into it.
My tummy is really swollen at the moment, were you press it and its really hard. But it's not because of what I eat and I had an MRI, and it was all clear.

I'm not trying looking for sympathy, I could just really do with some motivational advice! I get going really well and then I start to feel down about it all, becuase of being in pain some days, it really frustrates me, because it sets me back!

Any advice would be great!

Thanks
x

Replies

• Neens26
    Neens26 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    hmm maybe this site isn't that great. No one has replied.
  • Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    There are a few groups out there that can maybe help you. Check out this one: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/851-women-with-endometriosis These ladies know about some of the challenges you face and they could support you.
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    outright chronic pain is hard to deal with day in and day out and remain positive - I'm sorry to hear story. Yet, the one other person who did reply seems to have a great place for you to go look at. Good luck and many many blessings as you travel this journey.
  • r3ban1x
    r3ban1x Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I don't know anything about endometriosis but have known a lot of people who have had it who would have been willing to offer advice. A more detailed title to your post will bring more readers. Instead of just Frustrated which is where most of us are anyway something like Endometriosis pain sufferer may bring more replies.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Wow, you're in a tough situation.

My best advice is not to be too hard on yourself - set small goals and celebrate when you acheive them, then move onto something else.
    So, instead of setting a goal to lose 15kg, set a goal to eat a healthy breakfast every day next week. Or to exercise for 10 mins a day even if you don't feel great.
    Those small changes can become good habits and they really add up over time.

Also, log what you eat, whether its a good choice or not. I find that just writing down what I'm planning to eat makes me stop and think about whether it's actually the best choice.

Good luck!