Well I have fallen off the wagon spectacularly........

Options
I think I'm in a yo-yo pattern now....Long story short. I lost 45lbs in 2010 and maintained for roughly a year before losing the plot completely last October and eating like a hog with absolutely no exercise at all. 8 months later, here we are and I've shot back up to 179.Oh dear please let me be a cautionary tale to you all to stick with your plans and eat healthy. Be firm and vigorous in maintaing and active lifestyle so you avoid the misery of becoming huge again.

I am consciously trying not to cut my calories drastically to lose weigth quickly because it will be terribly unhealthy and I'll pile back even more weight as my body goes into starvation mode.

Well I'm getting back onto the horse again and I joined Weight Watchers yesterday just as an added incentive.If I know I'm paying for the weigh in sessions then I'll be more likely to stick to the exercise.Don't want to embarrass myself in front of the weigh in leader LOL

To think I was so very nearly at my goal of 135 lbs....oh well here goes.Please add me to support me along the way!

Replies

• britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    good luck, the fact that you are able to recognise where you went wrong last time will be helpful to you now since you are aware of what to avoid.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel! Last year I went from 180 to 140 in about 4 months... Managed to maintain for 3 minths and then winter started... Laziness and bad eating led mr to regain 25 lbs. Ive been back on track for 2 months and already down 11 lbs.
    We can do this!! Add me if you like :)
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    It happens! If you want a bossy friend to check your diary and keep nagging you, you can add me!:flowerforyou:
  • rebeccasedwards
    Options
    Glad I read your post. I have gained 5 pounds back and was like no way. I know what I did wrong, ate too much. So I reset my calories back to 1200 and will continue my hour of walking. (That I never stopped.) Hopefully the 5 pounds will be off quickly and I'll continue loosing.
  • jbcharles
    jbcharles Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Get some books on brain health if you have time. They're good because they provide a new perspective as to how an why we can be healthy mentally and physically. You can do it. I have slipped a bit the last few weeks. I'm looking for different athletic challenges and am focusing on fruits and vegetable. "Older and Wiser" is good too.
  • BettyandVeronica
    BettyandVeronica Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your suggestions and encouragement. I just had a yummy bit of healthy salmon.Before I would reached for a chocolate stick now i reach for a carrot.
  • haines99
    haines99 Posts: 14
    Options
    I do not think that any of us here are 'perfect' - so falling off the bus can happen - hey even I did not get to the gym for the last 3 days, but I will not let it get me down. Stay strong, stay positive and stay online. We are all here to assist each other.:smile:
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Add 100 pounds and our stories are the same. I took off 75, put back on 40 and just recently took that 40 back off.

About a year after my Mom died, while settling her estate, selling her house, moving (I was her caregiver), and all that entails, I took a "break" and put those 40 pounds back on in about a year. It sucks enormously, but it happens.
  • PUGGLET
    PUGGLET Posts: 5
    Options
    I done the same, lost 20lb few months back, all back on now, with a little extra for good measure :P

I have been logging on and off for the past couple of weeks, but mostly eaten total rubbish! am starting a fresh tomorrow, feel free to add me and we can struggle on together :D
  • quererespoder
    quererespoder Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    hahah same here. i'd managed to loose like 8 pounds (i nearly made it to 10 , my goal) and then i was sick for two weeks and bam , stopped exercising , stopped the intermittent fasting (which was responsible for like 6 of those pounds-its amazing and effortless). im trying to get back on track now cuz the shorts that fit me a month ago dont anymore :/
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I too lost 20 lbs last spring. I kept it all off until Christmas. Then I gained 18 lbs back as of May this year. It happens, but getting back on track is what is important. I lost 4 lbs since May. I have such a long way to go, but I know if I did it once, I can do it again. Best of luck to us all!!
  • BettyandVeronica
    Options
    Add 100 pounds and our stories are the same. I took off 75, put back on 40 and just recently took that 40 back off.

About a year after my Mom died, while settling her estate, selling her house, moving (I was her caregiver), and all that entails, I took a "break" and put those 40 pounds back on in about a year. It sucks enormously, but it happens.

I am terribly sorry to hear about your mother and hope you find peace.
  • primrosehill
    primrosehill Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart. You'll get there and if I can be of any help in supporting you please feel free to add me as a friend. I totally understand where you're at - yo-yoing up and down by 20-30lbs a time over the last 12 years!!

Big hugs
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't remove all temptations from your diet completely. The best way to get results is to indulge every so often. Aim for an 80/20 diet, or 90/10, so that you don't actually 'give in' to cravings, but more satisfy them without going overboard.

I wish you luck in that journey... and I have faith that you'll get there.
  • lesleyt1982
    lesleyt1982 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think most of us have at some point done well and then gained it back. That's what I love about this site. Its a great community of liked minded individuals with a common goal. This time we will succeed coz we can see the mistakes. Add me hun and we will do this battle together.
  • LHudson53
    LHudson53 Posts: 126
    Options
    My weight has yo-yo'd for many years. I get all the weight off. Hooray! I'm no longer fat...now I can eat what I want! And before I know it, I'm back where I started...or worse. You would THINK I would catch on. But here I am, 58 years old, trying to lose it again. But I have a healthier handle on it this time. Now I am trying to learn good habits and change my lifestyle. So I am hoping that this time it works, and I hope it does for you, too!!! Wishing you all the best of luck!!!!!
  • emmalou2206
    emmalou2206 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I lost 60lbs up to June last year and regained 18lbs after my marriage ended at that time and I stopped exercising (struggled to get to the gym being a single parent) so now I am here trying to lose my next 28lbs. Good Luck and I'll send you a friend request
  • BettyandVeronica
    Options
    Thank you everyone.We'll get there on step at a time....

Today was a little tricky but I managed to keep to 1300 calories... I did have 2 packets of walkers crisps at 178 calories each which was naughty but I'm not going to guilt myself.I'll simply make a better choice or rather a more calorie friendly choice of under 100calories then it can be a healthy lifestyle alternative.

Hope you are all doing ok.
  • BettyandVeronica
    Options
    Well now i have lost 4 pounds this week just by eating more fruit,veg and fibre with a few hours of exercise here and there.I'm getting there surely but slowly....

I need to do more exercise to really get my heart pumping.
  • hazelovesfood
    hazelovesfood Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Good luck, i think yours and most other problem is what we used to eat, we will always still like some of those foods that made us fat, if you had been brought up on meat and veg and fruit and never had a biscuits or cake etc past your lips you wouldnt want it, but when you have had years of eating what you like its hard too cut it all the time every day of every week.I know, i used to eat lost of crap and eat way better now and there are some things like sausage, chips, burgers I will be happy if i never see again. But my downfalls as cheesecake and most of all caramel shortbreads which are devine to me lol. Try and get your head in the right place and you will do it again.