Yup, a big myth :smile:
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yes, total myth. Refuses to die
  • Aoi715
    Aoi715 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I don't believe it's a myth. I keep in mind that food contains amounts of salts at unhealthy levels that need to be washed out with fresh clean water in order to not swell interally.

-shrugs-
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I agree with Aoi715 above... I believe water helps flush out excess salt and toxins out of our bodies and helps our organs and cells running smoothly :). maybe 8 glasses of water isn't needed, but it can't hurt! (mind you, too MUCH water can be harmful!)
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    agree with OP
    http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2010/12/08/the-myth-behind-drinking-8-glasses-of-water-a-day/
    mind you, a glass of water before eating can help you eat less, but that doesn't mean 8 glasses.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I agree that it's maybe not as big of a deal as everyone makes it out to be, especially if you eat clean and avoid all those processed, sodium-packed foods. A lot of natural foods have plenty of water. However, I also know that since upping my water intake to 12-16 glasses a day, I have not broken out once even with how much I sweat (this used to be an issue for me). I never feel bloated any more, I don't get hungry as often and I've pretty much eliminated cravings. Coincidence? Possibly, but I'll keep drinking my water.
  • mboktay
    mboktay Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It is NOT a myth, why not do a challenge. For 1 week try and get 6-8 glasses of "water" each day. Put all other drinks under meals or snacks and see what happens. I'm confident you will see a big difference in weight loss, skin & hair health, and just overall feeling better.