Fitbit or Body Media?

Options
Trying to decide which one to purchase??? thoughts............

Replies

• Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i've got the fitbit and love it. I wear it every day.
  • sharichops
    Options
    Are they worth the money? I wonder if I would only have enough discipline, I shouldn't need a gadget to track for me...what is your response to that statement?
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I don't have neither, yet, but I did decide to purchase a bmf over the fitbit. Just waiting for it to arrive :bigsmile:
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    I use fitbit. After initial purchase the site is free and customer service rocks!!!
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I love my "lilbit"....I wear it everyday! I feel it gives me an immediate picture of my activity. I find if I am in peril of going over my calories during the day, I hit the work out trail...whether that's walking more, playing the wii, cleaning the house. I also find it challenges me to get more steps to hit a new high which in turn burns more fat...
    Hope that helps....
  • Heyyleigh
    Heyyleigh Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Well been doing this religiously for 6 weeks. I am doing well logging and exercising like a pro, but I need to see what is really going on with the calories. I am just not losing the weight- I probably dont need it, but I want it ;)
  • SuzieBikiniBound
    SuzieBikiniBound Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Used the BMF about two years ago. Liked it a lot except for the fact that it was uncomfortable to sle in and it scarred my arm.
  • frootcat
    frootcat Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I can't offer a comparison because I only have the BodyMedia, but I LOVE it. It does everything that I want out of such a device and seems to be very accurate. I basically use it so that I'm at a thousand calorie deficit each day, and the weight is so far just melting off. Easily one of my best purchases.
  • peace_pigeon
    peace_pigeon Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Love my FitBit!! Totally inspires me to go the extra mile and climb the extra hills... Really worth the money for me.
  • RedSoxBeauty
    RedSoxBeauty Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyBugg and Iused to love it except that the band cut into my arm and it also caused blistering of my skin. I have a Fitbit now and love it, easy to use, it syncs up with MFP and the Fitbit online service is free. :-)
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I can only say I love my bodymedia. I can make sure I am burning enough calories to have my 1000 calorie deficit every day and still be able to eat 1800 calories. Plus I can see when I take the most steps, how many for each hour of the day. I see how well I sleep. Can look and compare activities to see when I am burning more calories, or not so many. Love the thing!
  • janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. It is small and discreet and automatically syncs with MFP. I love that it tracks my sleep because it is an issue for me and I want to see if losing weight will improve it.
  • Heyyleigh
    Options
    Thanks all! :happy:
  • biggirl1000
    biggirl1000 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit and it has done more to inspire me that any other fitness device. It was shocking to me that I was taking less than 2,000 steps a day if I did not make a specific plan to go out for a walk or do some other exercise. What I've learned from this little bit, is that I must exercise AT LEAST 60 minutes daily. Since buying the fit bit, I am now losing instead of gaining. I guess that's the best part. Website is easy to use and I like that it syncs with MFP. Good luck in your choice.
  • Heyyleigh
    Options
    Thanks, just purchased the fitbit, it links to fitnesspal which is a def plus!
  • jessicafk11
    jessicafk11 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit for a long time and love it. I recently broke the clip that holds it and when I asked if I could buy another one, they sent me one free!
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Good choice!

I have tried both and I'm currently using the fitbit. The BMP cause a really bad reaction on my arm after awhile and like someone else said, it's left a scar.

The fitbit fits very conviently in the middle of my bra which is awesome!! Plus the site is free, major plus!
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have a BodyMedia and a Fitbit. I wore them both for a few days just to compare and at the end of the day they were pretty close to each other. I prefer the Fitbit because the armband was starting to irritate my arm after a few months or so-my skin was peeling and it was getting red and tender. I was paying a monthly fee to download my info and charge the BodyMedia ( you cant use your BodyMedia without paying the monthy fee, that includes charging it). I tried to use their food database, but didnt like it I went right back to using MFP. The fitbit will update itself whenever you walk past the docking the station while its connected to the computer and add your exercise and adjust your calories for you in MFP. I also like that the fitbit is discreet. The armband is very noticeable if you are wearing short sleeves or a tank top. I wear mine of my jeans belt loop, I find it is more accurate there than in my pocket. Overall, the fitbit is a way better choice for me. I hope you enjoy whichever you choose!