Ground Turkey

Options
Anybody got any good ideas for ground turkey other than the typical turkey burger
appreciate any ideas

Replies

• sexystylist84
    sexystylist84 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i make a taco soup thats very delicious. it has corn, black olives, rotel tomatoes, kidney beans, pinto beans, the ground turkey, ranch seasoning, taco seasoning... its sooo good.. look under food network.. i add my own twist to it.. good luck!!!
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I like it browned in a pan with spinach and feta. I season the meat differently every time but it's usually worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne and black pepper. I usually don't add salt to dishes with cheese because they tend to be salty enough without.
  • nermal6873
    nermal6873 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Here's a whole bunch from skinnytaste.com She makes awesome stuff!

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2007/07/turkey-recipes.html
  • charlena48
    charlena48 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I use ground turkey breast to make meat for taco salad.
  • aubhob
    aubhob Posts: 25
    Options
    add it to wheat spaghetti
  • thenry429
    thenry429 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Anything you use ground beef for...meatloaf, meatballs, meat sauce....endless possiblities.
  • phard53
    phard53 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Sautee with mushrooms. Add marinara sauce. Serve over cooked spaghetti squash.
  • Brennaohh
    Brennaohh Posts: 47
    Options
    stuffed peppers! I also made a big batch of minestrone soup and when I heated up a single serving, I cooked up some ground turkey and tossed it in. yum!

and of course add it in most pasta-Italian recipes...lasagna, meatballs, etc
  • LifeIsNotADressRehearsal
    Options
    Anybody got any good ideas for ground turkey other than the typical turkey burger
    appreciate any ideas

Too funny - just made turkey chili for the first time ever - it was delicious and my husband thinks it was beef :wink:
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I like it browned in a pan with spinach and feta. I season the meat differently every time but it's usually worcestershire sauce, paprika, garlic powder, cayenne and black pepper. I usually don't add salt to dishes with cheese because they tend to be salty enough without.

This sounds really good. Gonna try it this week :smile:
  • Discoden
    Discoden Posts: 3
    Options
    I made an outstanding meatloaf today. I did use half ground turkey breast 99/1 and half ground sirloin 93/7 You can skip the sirloin , just remember turkey can dry out. The veggies help add some juice.. I used fresh spinach , canned tomatoes, fresh garlic , fresh mushrooms slices, one red onion, wheat thin crackers ( any cracker , chip , dry oatmeal , croutons will work ) two eggs and spices. I put a thin stripe of bbq sauce down the middle for a bit of tangy without a ton of calories.
  • lizmil79
    lizmil79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I made a spanish rice chopped tomatos , black olives, sauce rotel? ground turkey, brown rice, chopped onions, fresh mushrooms, season with garlic, chili powder, cumin, yummy--anything you use ground beef in..