HELP Pretty Please!

Options
I've done it again. I started off all gunho, willing and able to do the work, I've seen some nice success and make some great friends - than as is my pattern I stop. As a rule I'm embarrassed and will not go to meetings or log onto sights. Now I need help and encouragement to break this cycle :( I'm getting too old and heavy to slip back :(

Words of encouragement, kick in the butt I need it all - and friends :)

thanks this has to work!

Replies

• tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Here's your rules:

1. You don't eat it if you don't track it.

2. Don't go over your calorie or sodium limits.

3. Drink the 8 cups of water recommended each day.

Do that without fail.
  • HolllyBot
    HolllyBot Posts: 33
    Options
    Here is your kick in the butt!! This isn't going to happen by itself, you need to put in the work and you will see the results. There are not free!!!! You are strong, you can do this :)
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    If you know this is a cycle you go through, then face it head on. When you feel the urge to stop, push yourself. Tell yourself quitting/failure is not an option. If you really want this, it's going to take a lot of work and a lot of sweat. You can do this!
  • vjkate
    vjkate Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi me too! But this time I am determined..but I have a lot of hard work ahead as I need to lose 5 stone! What about you ? This time I have decided to eat 2 meals of fruit and a sensible evening meal..I have no idea how this will be..how do you do it? kate
    !
  • VoiceOfTrenton
    VoiceOfTrenton Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Every single day is a small step, and while your body loves its old habits, every time during a day that you can say no, you should congratulate yourself. Positive reinforcement and reasonable goals all help.

Look around at all the other people going through the same patterns, and find encouragement from them.

However old you are, more's the reason to be stubborn and stick to your guns.

This site isn't a place to feel embarrassment about logging into and it doesn't tattle on you that you had a cookie. What it does do is help you remain aware of what you're doing.

Every day, when you're done, click "Complete this entry" and remember that message, "If every day were like today, you'd weigh X in 5 weeks." It's a good motivator.
  • amnsetie
    amnsetie Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    If you will not log on I cannot help you.
    someone nearby could friend you and knock on your door when you don't log in
    shouting
    "log your calories or you will die!!!"
    this sounds like fun
    I would do this for you if you lived near me.
  • kelleymj
    kelleymj Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It's ok to have the slip ups...just get back into it the next day and then they become fewer and farther between! It is a life style change, make small changes. Changes that you can make a regular part of your life. Several small changes over time equal big changes in time!! Please feel free to add me!!! You can do it! Relish in the success you have had and let those be your motivation!!!! Giving you a BIG KICK IN THE BUTT!!!!!!!!!!
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this, remember what brought you here in the first place, please don't give up now, if I can do this so can you :)
  • kfogle0120
    kfogle0120 Posts: 15
    Options
    From someone who does the same thing........YOU CAN DO IT!!! Just start off with the basics again!! Drink your water.....think about what your eating and just try to be healthy......best thing I ever saw on this website was you didn't put it on overnight....so it's not going to come off overnight....Set yourself a goal! You can do it...we are NOT going to let you fail!!!!
  • AngieSchaible
    AngieSchaible Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Understand your not alone on this journey to improve yourself .(If you want to stay motivated even when your ready to quit just remember I got your back as long as you want to be friends)

No worries you can do!

(I know it's a pain to develop the habit of entering every single meal in a day )

But the thrill of dropping those pounds makes me willing to keep going (With only a pound of week I'm still happy about my progress)
  • elevatorguy925
    Options
    I've done it again. I started off all gunho, willing and able to do the work, I've seen some nice success and make some great friends - than as is my pattern I stop. As a rule I'm embarrassed and will not go to meetings or log onto sights. Now I need help and encouragement to break this cycle :( I'm getting too old and heavy to slip back :(

Words of encouragement, kick in the butt I need it all - and friends :)

thanks this has to work!

It is easy to fall into old habits and we all stumble, #2 people are here to support and help and all have the same goals, not to judge, do not get embarassed. You have already made a start and have a loss, just continue and don't worry about how fast you progress. It is hard to break habits and the weight took time to gain, give it time to come off. Feel free to add me.
  • toysbigkid
    toysbigkid Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    One day at a time before you know it time has gone by and you'll feel great at the end of it. Please don't give up though!
  • grannysmj
    grannysmj Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words and yes the kicks in the butt :) most of all thanks for all the friend requests - I have to break my old habits and I know it will be hard. Heck I quit smoking I sure can do this!
  • jujudot
    jujudot Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Don't get down on yourself. You came back, right?! I find myself in the same pattern of coming and going. And even once thinking "Oh I can do this on my own now". HA! I was SO wrong! I'm right back to where I started.

Keep on logging-it will be worth it!