Where do YOU first see weight loss?

Options
I've only just started dieting, but Im curious as to where you guys first see the results of your dieting and exercise. :)

so, then, where do you first notice weight loss?

Replies

• Discoveri
    Discoveri Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I noticed the loss first on my back. That was also the last place I gained. If you can, take measurements now. You will really enjoy seeing the difference when you retake your measurements in a few weeks/months.
  • paperstars
    paperstars Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    When I first started becoming more active I noticed a loss of fat in my waist first. Now I'm seeing a little bit of a loss in my hips.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    my butt and stomach area
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I noticed the love handles on my back had gone, and my already small boobs had shrunk :frown:
  • hevans05
    hevans05 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started feeling slimmer around my waist first. Then I noticed the other areas (thighs, hips, arms). It makes sense though because I gained weight pretty evenly all over my body, so now I'm losing it all over my body : )
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I think my waist ;3.
  • gmarriottfccla
    Options
    My waist/sides. There used to be rolls and it would make me uncomfortable when people would put their hands around my waist - but now there are no rolls! This is the same for my back! A lot later on I started seeing results in my stomach, and just recently in my arms.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I see it in my upper chest first and, to a lesser extent, my stomach area.
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    My back and butt.
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    So far it's my thighs, hips, and waist which I thought would be the last place I'd notice. I figured it'd be my boobs that would go first which I was hoping =x
  • docdrd
    docdrd Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My waist ... I noticed I could tighten my belt another loop before the scale had even moved very much. Then I began to notice it in my face, I had cheekbones again. Make sure you exercise too and try to NOT think of it as a diet. Think of it as a lifestyle change and it is easier to be successful. Cheers!
  • GaidenJade
    GaidenJade Posts: 171
    Options
    I lose in my neck and face first, then my waist and arms. Unfortunately my hips and legs are usually last. :ohwell:
  • maggiemay365
    maggiemay365 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My Face and chin/throat area..thank God!
  • AngieSchaible
    AngieSchaible Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I dropped the weight first from the middle of my back then came the shoulders and last but not least my stomach .

(Now thanks to the drop in my back it is now a pleasant experience instead of one of frustration to get my bra off lol)
  • Taheetee
    Taheetee Posts: 10
    Options
    My legs tone up in a snap and according to my husband, (I never see it, lol) my face and shoulders start leaning out. Last to go is always my lower belly...which is where EVERYTHING goes *sigh*
  • fluffylittlecloud
    Options
    I started taking weekly measurements. The first place I noticed my loss was in my face. HOWEVER, I have lost over 18 inches cumulative over my entire body based on the different measurements I've been taking. . . I've lost 2.75 in my thighs, and 2.5 in my bust . . . I need to lose it ALL over, so I don't really care at this point. But I notice some things fit differently, baggier. :)
  • Anyaaaa11
    Anyaaaa11 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Neck, Stomach, thighs ... Still waiting for the love handles to improve though
  • vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I lose weight in the reverse order as I put it on. Last roll on is the first roll off.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I noticed it in my thighs first, but I have lost all over. They started looking smaller. I am down about 3 inches there.

I don't notice it in my waist at all, but I am down around 5 inches. But it is still the same annoying shape, but narrower. (I really won't notice until certain areas in my torso lose fat).

In recent weeks I am noticing in my upper chest. My friend noticed there first, I hadn't until recently when I see my collarbones are trying to make an appearance.

I'll echo everyone else. Measure, measure, measure. You may be like me and are not able to see the changes..but the tape measure tells the truth. Here are a few places I reccommend:

Bust (at the widest part)
    Bust, just underneath your armpits
    Underbust (the portion underneath your breasts, this determines the band size of your bra)
    waist
    belly button
    largest part of your belly
    upper thigh
    mid thigh
    hips
    low hips
    above the knee (if you store fat there)
    calves
    neck
    upper arm
    forearm (if you store fat there)

Happy measuring. I know this sounds overboard, but honestly I wish I had tracked all of these at the beginning. My upper thigh only started visibly losing inches in the past 3 weeks. The mid thigh area has been visibly transforming since the beginning.

My underbust measure has changed about 3 inches, I am down 1 band size right now, but it looks like I'll probably lose another 3 inches there (and my bra size will shift dramatically). I haven't lost much in the cups though. I am only down one cup size. My belly has only started shrinking visibly in the past few weeks.
  • Living4Liz2012
    Options
    My neck,and legs went first...then my butt, and my stomach last..lol:)