60 cal. cucumber salad

Options
Dee_84
Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
Recipe for a creamy and refreshing cucumber salad that won't break your calorie-bank.

2 servings

1 cucumber (45 cal.)
4 Tbsp low fat sour cream (70-80 cal. depending on brand)
1 tsp. dried dill
salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl mix sour cream with dill, salt and pepper. Half cucumber lengthwise and cut into thin slices. Add cucumber to sour cream, stir and let rest for at least 10 min. Stir again before eating. Enjoy!

If you like you can also add some finely diced onion.

Calories total: 115 - 125
Per serving: 57.5 - 62.5

Replies

• lovedtorun
    lovedtorun Posts: 75
    Options
    Do you think a splash of vinegar would taste ok in this?
  • mommydear2
    mommydear2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, and simple. Thanks!!!!
  • lovedtorun
    lovedtorun Posts: 75
    Options
    I am also going to try this (minus vinegar) tonight for supper! Thanks for the great idea!
  • Dee_84
    Dee_84 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Do you think a splash of vinegar would taste ok in this?

I'm sure you could add a splash of vinegar.

Report back how you liked it (with or without the vinegar).
  • stitchinhippie
    Options
    Totally going to try this! I think I will try using fat free plain greek yogurt instead of the sour cream. :) Thanks!
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Love cucumbers and sour cream. My mom used to make it all the time in the summer. I never thought to make it healthier with light sour cream. Yum!
  • eln2008
    eln2008 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This recipe sounds so yummy! I love cucumbers and will try it soon. Thanks for sharing!
  • April4th
    April4th Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My mother would slice cucumber and onion then mix in a container of sour cream. I like it after it sits for awhile and the cucumber releases some of its water, making a nice creamy "sauce". Top with some salt and pepper and it's perfect for summer.
  • prattl22
    prattl22 Posts: 1
    Options
    This sounds really good - will be trying it within the next couple of days. Thanks.
  • wakie27
    wakie27 Posts: 26
    Options
    This is delicious. We've always made this with tomatoes mixed in, too. So refreshing!
  • emilylacey1010
    Options
    Bump