anyone else forget...

Options
does anyone else forget to drink water throughout the day? i know im not drinking nearly enough. any tips on how to drink more water? or how you remember to drink more?

Replies

• GreenDayChick820
    Options
    Yep all the time lol. Having 2 year old twin girls keeps me so busy that i forget to eat 3 meals a day and drink water. So to help with this problem I carry around a big bottle of Smart Water.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I fill up a big 70 oz jug and take it to work. I make sure it's gone before I leave for the day. I also have a 20 oz before I leave for work, and 1 or 2 more of the same size glasses when I get home.
  • Timothy2000
    Options
    I have a one liter water bottle I carry to work with me I make a habit of drinking two of them before lunch and two after, My only problem is I forget to take it home with me so I don't drink enough water while I am at home.
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I forget all the time. And sometimes when I remember I just don't do it. I think for a lot of people like me, it's definitely something you have to set a goal for, just like your calorie limit and exercise goal.
  • vraehn
    vraehn Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I try to keep water by me all the time, even though I just sip it, at least I get it down. Otherwise, I forget it.:smile::wink: :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    I keep a 1liter bottle water with me, and try to consume 2-3 bottles before i get off work. When at home, usually after my workout, I can easily down another litre or so ... I guess, just keep a bottle of water with you wherever you go :drinker:
  • nursewhy
    Options
    I'm mostly at home with my girls (work part-time as a nurse) and I keep a large (22 oz) cup of water in the kitchen near the fridge. Since I'm in and out of the kitchen frequently, I drink some every time I see the cup. When it's empty, I refill and go from there. I also bring it to bed with me and keep it on a shelf nearby so every time I wake up at night (to nurse my daughter or use the bathroom) I can drink some more. At work I keep a full cup at the nurse's station and come take a drink every time I have a free minute.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I do the same as everyone else---- carry a water bottle with me everywhere I go. At home, I always have a really large glass of water filled beside me. It empties quicker than you would think!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    At both work and home, I have water bottles that are 24 oz. each. So, I know on a given day, I should fill and empty the bottle 3 times - that gives me 72 oz.

I also get a kick out of the water meter at the bottom of the food diary. I love it when the water splashes over when I drink 9 glasses in a day. :happy: It's the little things that make me happy. :tongue:
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    I hardly drink any water, and that's the only substanse I do drink which is. The only reason I do drink the little amount that I do maybe 4 cups top, is that I'm dehydrated from calisthenics. I really need to start drinking water.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    there is water everywhere you look in my house. A case in the fridge, a case on the table, a pitcher by the sink, 1/2 empty bottles all over the house. I take a sip, and move on to the next one:laugh: :laugh:

Reminds me of my mom with her burning cigarettes when I was a kid. She would forget she lit one up and leave it to burn in the ashtray.

So thankful my habit is water!! :flowerforyou:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    O my gosh, Jeannie, that is sooooo funny!! :laugh: :laugh: My mom used to do the same thing. After she would leave for work our babysitter would go around the house putting them out. 1 in the bedroom, 1 in the bathroom, 2 in the kitchen, 1 in the living room, 1 in the laundry room!!!

As for the question, I can be terrible about water.:blushing:

For me I have an 8 cup carafe that keeps water or plain herbal tea cold in the summer and hot in the winter. I try to drink two carafes a day. If I don't do that forget it I don't drink enough.

I like what was said about it being a goal just like everything else. I will do that. I am committing right now to drink 16 - 8 oz cups of water per day.:drinker:

I have heard that if you really need "help" drinking water that a plain herbal tea can count. That coffee or black tea etc do not but that plain herbal or green tea do. What do you all think?
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty 24 oz. glass that I keep near all day long at work & at home into the evening. I put a lemon slice in the bottom of the glass & keep it filled with ice & water all the time.