Options
Hello! I am new to this site and have been struggling with weight loss. I have a full time job and I am completing my MBA in the evening, needless to say my eating habits are not the best. Over the last 2 years I've gained a little over 60 pounds and I spend most of my time on the computer between work and school. I am having a really hard time getting motivated to exercise because at the end of the day I am mentally and physically exhausted. Also, I am a horrible night eater and I am having trouble breaking the habit. I am hoping to meet people who are having the same struggles as me. :)

Replies

• leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Hi! I´m new too, just started today. Welcome!! It seems to be a very friendly and supportive site, I´m looking forward to use it every day. I hope you achieve your goals.
  • ClareRae
    ClareRae Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Your story reminds me of... well me. :)
    I've never been thin, and the last few years going through school, then finally getting a job in my field didn't help matters at all. Just deciding that enough is enough is a great start! I've lost 32 pounds so far, and this site has been a great help on this long road. If you have a bad day, or even a bad week, it's OK! Just pick it back up.

Feel free to add me. Having friends always helps.
  • wabrody
    wabrody Posts: 202
    Options
    I know what you are going through. I just completed college a year ago; doubled majored. I also put on some weight between studing all night and working all day.

Currently I work 12 hour days 7 days a week. I have tried working out at night and find that i skip it a lot because I was always tired. What I would recommend is work out in the morning. That way you don't feel crammed for time to study every night. Also find snacks that are healthy to snack on when you study. I know i would snack when i was stuck reading.

Anyways I wish you the best of luck with the weight loss and completing your MBA. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • Nahnita
    Nahnita Posts: 23
    Options
    Ohhh I know all about being a night eater! It has been my downfall for a long time! I am also trying to change that! Feel free to add me for motivation and support! I have had an account for a while but I never used it. Now I am determined to take a more serious approach to weight loss. Hugs!
  • Shayna6347
    Shayna6347 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Today was a bad day for me...I think I need to keep any type of junk food out of the house.
  • leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    Don´t worry. Today was a bad day and there wil be others like that. But you´re on the right track! The support you get in here makes a difference. You´ll do better tomorrow, And yes, get rid of all the things, you don´t want to eat. And try to find some healthy alternatives. Personally I love icecream. Just can´t say no. But I´m very fond of watermelon as well, so I have some in the fridge, ready to eat with a fork. Find your own alternatives. :drinker: :smile:
  • Shayna6347
    Shayna6347 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support! I just went food shopping and got lots of healthy stuff. I'm looking forward to a better day tomorrow :happy:
  • toxicpanda2011
    Options
    I've always been a night eater. I have a full time job and surrounded by snacks all day. since I've worked there I've gained roughly 60 pounds. I wish you all the luck! feel free to add me
  • cc7315
    cc7315 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome. You can add me...and anyone else that needs support. This is a great place!