How can I balance it out?

Options
So I did an estimate of what I plan on eating tomorrow and I'm within my calorie range, but I am over on my FAT and that concerns me. I need to have more protein than what MFP says to have, but with that comes fat. Majority of it is good fat I think, but I don't know how to either balance it out or is it okay that I will have that much more fat in my daily diet.

I really hope that someone can help me out with this. Thanks!

Replies

• mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    If you are within your calorie target, there's no reason to be concerned about fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Eating too many calories does.
  • ktanderson05
    ktanderson05 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you are within your calorie target, there's no reason to be concerned about fat. Fat doesn't make you fat. Eating too many calories does.
    You learn something new every day! Thank you!
  • Mamakmb
    Mamakmb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    im no dietitician but heres my 2cents..................
    if it is good fats then you are ok. and as long as your fiber content is up there for the day.
    now, if its fat from cookies and junk....thats bad fat! :)
    hope this helped!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    im no dietitician but heres my 2cents..................
    if it is good fats then you are ok. and as long as your fiber content is up there for the day.
    now, if its fat from cookies and junk....thats bad fat! :)
    hope this helped!
    What does fiber have to do with fat?
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    One day is not a problem. Protein is an area I TRY to go over on daily since I have been working on weight training... (I'm not good on loading carbs for that purpose though... not a big pasta person)... Like I say, particularly if they are good fats (fish oils and such) I would not worry about it. Mine goes over occasionally as well.
  • betsz1
    betsz1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what kind of protein you're eating...making good choices is a challenge for sure! I'm no expert but Low fat protein seems to be the best for me! :-)
  • soygurl
    soygurl Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of non-fat greek yogurt and low-fat cottage cheese. Both give a big punch of protein with very little to no fat. I eat a lot of beans and legumes too. Many of those are pretty low in fat, while being fairly high in protein (as well as fiber!). I'm also thinking of trying PB2 since I love peanut butter, but the high fat content keeps be back more than I'd like.

I agree, that going over on fat for one day isn't a big deal, but if you want to make it a little more even, there are a few things you could try. I took a peak at your food diary for tomorrow, and it looks pretty good (fats from avocado and fish are great), but 5 eggs seams like a lot for one day (JMHO, I'm sure plenty of people eat tons of eggs and do great!). One idea is to sub some canned (and rinsed) beans for one of the eggs in your breakfast burrito. Then for lunch, instead of two eggs, maybe just have one whole egg plus two whites. You could even try making your tuna with 1 T miracle whip, and 1 T plain greek yogurt. Of course, I wouldn't expect you to go out grocery shopping right now or anything. These are just little ideas for the future. :smile:
  • angelashay42
    angelashay42 Posts: 286
    Options
    I looked at your diary for tomorrow. The best way to cut some of the fat is instead of doing 3 whole eggs in the morning, do 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites. Just separate out the yolk and throw it out. Do that In the afternoon too and you will be in the corret fat range. All the rest of your fat sources are healthy fats, so don't sweat it.
  • Mamakmb
    Mamakmb Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Fiber is beneficial to your overall health as it promotes a smooth digestive process, thus preventing conditions such as constipation and other gastrointestinal complications. A fiber-rich diet can also help you lose weight and promote belly fat burning. For most optimal results, you should combine a fiber-rich diet with regular exercise to help get rid of your stomach fat.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/515641-does-fiber-help-get-rid-of-stomach-fat/#ixzz1xWS2YpdP
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Fiber is beneficial to your overall health as it promotes a smooth digestive process, thus preventing conditions such as constipation and other gastrointestinal complications. A fiber-rich diet can also help you lose weight and promote belly fat burning. For most optimal results, you should combine a fiber-rich diet with regular exercise to help get rid of your stomach fat.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/515641-does-fiber-help-get-rid-of-stomach-fat/#ixzz1xWS2YpdP

I totally agree with you that fiber is beneficial. However, I totally disagree that anything you eat helps target belly or stomach fat. The only thing that reduces stomach fat is to reduce total body fat. You cannot spot reduce specific areas of the body.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,129 Member
    Options
    I have my Goals here set at 30% Carbs/ 25% Protein/ and 45% Fat, and I'm losing weight. As a matter of fact, this is the first time I'm actually feeling great on a calorie restriction. So happy. I finally listened to what my body was wanting and needing.