New to site and trying hard to stay on track

Options
Hello!
I've been on here for a few months now and had a few set backs but I want to get serious. I'm 5'0 and 178lbs. My ideal weight is 120lbs! I'm finding it hard to get motivated and tend to get disappointed and give up. Which is something I can't be doing anymore.
Feel free to add me since I am looking for support and meeting new people

Replies

• MotivatedMom2012
    Options
    Hi, great to meet you! Take it one day at a time, and celebrate each success you have. Be sure to set realistic daily, weekly, monthly goals. Small goals and big goals - that way as you reach each one it will motivate you to keep going. Be sure to add some friends on here, feel free to add me, I am loving the support I'm getting from MFP friends!
  • angiedwill
    angiedwill Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! I am just like you and have tried to lose weight so many times and always end up quitting for whatever reason. usually its because i dont feel like im losing enough and get discouraged. We can help each other stay motivated!!!
  • Shayna6347
    Shayna6347 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain, I am having the same problem with getting motivated. I just joined this site but I am finding it very helpful. All of the kind words and knowing there are others out there going through the same thing really helps. Take it one day at a time and you will get there.
  • teephil
    teephil Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    As was mentioned, the key is to set realistic goals and be extremely patient! Some months you'll lose a pound or two a week, some months you'll lose nothing. That's just how it is. You didn't gain it overnight, and you're not going to lose it overnight!