No longer missing ALFREDO SAUCE!

Options
hddeuce1966
hddeuce1966 Posts: 104
The other day I was wanting Alfredo sauce, and as everyone knows the butter and cream just won't fit in a healthy diet. So, being quite creative in the kitchen has always been one of my strong points, and probably one of the reasons I have gained weight over the years, I decided to figure it out. it was so simple.

2 tablespoons Philadelphia spreadable FAT FREE cream cheese
1 tablespoon Grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk
Garlic salt (to taste) I used lawreys, the kind with green flakes in it.

Microwave for about 30 seconds to melt the cheeses together then add pasta.
I was amazed at how close this tastes to Alfredo. Really yummy for about 55 calories.

Replies

• LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Butter and cream can totally fit in your diet! They are whole foods and a little bit of a rich sauce is totally ok!
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy, I love Lawry's garlic salt. For some reason they don't sell it in Canada anymore so my sister brings it back whenever she goes across the border. The best salad dressing is a bit of oil, white vinegar and Lawry's garlic salt - tossed on some iceberg lettuce with green pepper and mushrooms, yum yum.
  • mrmv
    mrmv Posts: 95
    Options
    Great idea!
  • VickieZureich
    VickieZureich Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is a very cool idea since Cream Cheese is allowed and way lower in calories. Thank you so much!
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • meg1hirschi
    Options
    I just want to say first that sounds yummy and second all real food is allowed in a diet its all about portion control!
  • shoniej
    shoniej Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Syderelli
    Syderelli Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Oooo! Bumpity bump!
  • thenewmrsgant
    thenewmrsgant Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • katkat1717
    katkat1717 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    wow, that sounds great and super easy!! very creative!
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    Yum! And though, as people pointed out, you CAN have cream and butter in your diet, you could probably have double or triple the amount of this sauce. That's awesome!!
  • llpleslie
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, going to fix that this weekend.
  • kajune16th
    Options
    YUM...bump :)
  • Alliwan
    Alliwan Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    the laughing cow cheese website also has a recipie for low cal/low fat alfredo sauce on their website, using their cheese. I use that on chicken alfredo pizzas all the time. its very good.
  • fitsin10
    fitsin10 Posts: 141
    Options
    bump.......and thank you.....I like less calorie recipes