I'm so NOT happy with the way i'm looking...

Options
NewLIFEstyle4ME
NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
Today, we went on a terrific and fun picnic...even though I'm still wearing my size 14's...I'm so not happy with the way I'm looking at all. :cry:

I'm putting this in the NSV category thought, because when I was being all mad and sad and told my hubby how awful I look...he looked at me, kissed my hand and then hugged and kissed me and told me....

"GOOD--maybe that terrible feeling will help you to do whatcha gotta do to look the way you wanna look"

I was :ohwell: :mad: :explode: :angry: :grumble: :frown: :embarassed: :devil: and walked out the door with everyone looking and feeling even more terrible.

As we were in the car, driving to the lake, my husband grabbed my hand and kissed it again and told me he loves me, just the way I am. :ohwell:

After a while of me being silent in the car, I started thinking about him saying "Good' about my not looking good and looking around the car at all my slim and healthy, gorgeous looking family and he's right...I've got to get back to my routine of exercising daily--my body needs me to exercise to get this flab off and I've been slacking off of my routines of working out on my treadmill, bike and nordic track stepper and other things that when I was doing them regularly...the weight was coming off regularly. So, I'm counting my so not being happy with the way I'm looking as an NSV to restart my regular working out again--plus I've got a BET made for July 1st to drop 5 pounds too:smooched:

Replies

• TeslaJoule
    TeslaJoule Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling this way too. Thanks for the positive spin. I actually needed to hear the same thing today!!! So thank you. Best of luck to you!
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My fiance generally has the same reactions.

They're both right. If we don't love ourselves, why continue down the path of self-hatred? Losing weight and maintaining a healthy weight are *not* impossible. Only we can help ourselves. Unfortunately, they can't do it for us.

Stay strong!
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have been eating way to much food over the past month. We will get back on track.together. We are the only people that can make it happen. Good luck to you.
  • ljlinner
    ljlinner Posts: 1
    Options
    Oh, the poor men in our lives. I really don't think there is ANY correct answer that they can make when we are in "self-loathing" mode. We don't want to hear the truth, but if they say we are fine the way we are we don't believe them and think they are patronizing us lol.

The fact that you are on here speaks volumes! You've already started on the right track, know what you need to do, are using this awesome tool to help you get there and getting support from the rest of us to keep you going. It can be hard to be "selfish" and take the time to yourself that you need to exercise and get fit, but being healthy and energetic and feeling good about yourself will touch every single aspect of your life and make it better...

You can do this!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Thank you everyone sooooo much...your comments are so encouraging to me--THANK YOU so much for replying!!!!! :flowerforyou:

{{{{ :heart: Rockhound27 :heart: }}}}} I didn't want to post this, but then again I wanted to for accountability of sorts and to kinda "tell on myself" instead of "pretending" that everything is sunshine and roses. Also, that you shared it helped you a bit also makes me GLAD I posted too!!!!

{{{{{ :heart: Rebelliousros :heart: }}}}}} Girllllll, I really appreciate your post so much, because even though I didn't say so in my post...I WAS totally feeling like "this is impossible", which is why I was getting mad and feeling so awful--INSIDE and out. I also really appreciate you saying that ONLY I can do this too. Your words inspire and help me a lot--thanks so much for replying!

{{{{{{ :heart: jjnt007 :heart: }}}}}}} Again, as Rebelliousros says too--ONLY I can do this. Getting back on track is EXACTLY what I/we must do--getting back on track sounds and feels so much BETTER than this is hopeless/impossible too. Thank you so much for replying!!!

{{{{{ :heart: ljlinner :heart: }}}}}}}
    Oh, the poor men in our lives. I really don't think there is ANY correct answer that they can make when we are in "self-loathing" mode. We don't want to hear the truth, but if they say we are fine the way we are we don't believe them and think they are patronizing us lol.

The fact that you are on here speaks volumes! You've already started on the right track, know what you need to do, are using this awesome tool to help you get there and getting support from the rest of us to keep you going. It can be hard to be "selfish" and take the time to yourself that you need to exercise and get fit, but being healthy and energetic and feeling good about yourself will touch every single aspect of your life and make it better...

You can do this!

Girl....THANK YOU your words speak volumes to me and are so TRUE and encouraging too!!!! THANK YOU so much for replying!!!!!!
  • cindaboo1
    cindaboo1 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with you, but I also see what your hubby was saying as well. It hurts us when we hear the truth, but I've TOTALLY been in the same boat. I was doing soooo great and then lately, (with the stresses of life, school, work, family, friends, etc) I haven't been going as hard as I was when I lost all the weight I did. I think it's just about waking back up and realizing why I was doing all I was doing anyways. It made me feel good, made me feel better about myself, I could wear cuter clothes, I'm healthier, I can walk up the stairs without running outta breath. These things motivated me and idk what your motivation was/is, but just dig deep and find it within yourself. We CAN and WILL do this together. It's nice to know someone else understands what it's like on this journey. Keep your head up, you've gotten this far, you can still do it, you have it in you!! :flowerforyou:
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely thinking the same way, I know I've lost 16lbs, so I kind of got off track a bit. I see myself in the mirror and in pictures and I'm still not happy with the way I look yet. This weekend I ate a lot and now I'm just kicking myself into gear so I can be happy about my body.

Just remember the way you want to see yourself and it will give you motivation!
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Thanks again you guys...so much!!!!!

:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!