Hair!

Options
Anyone else growing out their hair at the same time that they are losing weight? Last summer in a fit of hot, humid pregnancy rage I cut all off my hair off (I mean ALL of it, I had a really close mens' haircut) and I've been regretting it ever since. My hair grows fairly quick and it's brushing my shoulders now but I'm not going to cut it again until I'm close to goal. I'm excited to see how long it gets!

Ooooh I think I'm going to measure it and track it in my measurements section!

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was JUST thinking about this! I cut all my hair off in February and it's at a really horrible awkward length where it cannot be styled to look normal, and only some of it is long enough to pull back! I am SO frustrated with it, I can't WAIT to get it in a ponytail!
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I am! I got my hair cut about a year- year & half ago. I got a long-ish inverted bob- Over 12 inches cut off. It was winter & I was driven crazy by the static..haha. It's grown out to my shoulder blades now, almost the bottom of my bra. :smile:
  • BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    Yeah, I'm at that same stage- it's brushing my shoulders but I have all these weird layers growing out so it's difficult to pull it all back in a pony tail. I can get it in two little tufts if I pull it really tight but the front still falls in my eyes. And to top it off I have the weirdest shaped occipital ridge so headbands just pop right off my head. :(
  • midschool22
    midschool22 Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    Nope. I can't stand having long hair. It gets bushy on me. I get it cut every four weeks.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    It was the shortest I've ever had it & I liked it at first. Then grew to hate it. Like I do every time I cut my hair. I always get bored cut it & then wish I had never cut it. I think I'm growing it out for good this time. :laugh: We'll see what I say about it next year though...haha
  • V3ggieL0vinGinger
    Options
    I want my hair to reach my butt and I think it will in like, a year or so. Right now it's a little bit longer than mid-back. I got it cut shoulder length about 3 years ago and it's taken so long to grow! My hair grows extremely slow :(
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    If any of you are growing out your hair then decide to chop it off...please keep in mind "Locks of Love". Too many children go without the ability to have hair because of medical treatment, so the free wigs provided by this agency gives them back their self-esteem. Wouldn't it be a great fulfillment of your goals to make a child's dream come true?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    If any of you are growing out your hair then decide to chop it off...please keep in mind "Locks of Love". Too many children go without the ability to have hair because of medical treatment, so the free wigs provided by this agency gives them back their self-esteem. Wouldn't it be a great fulfillment of your goals to make a child's dream come true?
    I've done this twice actually, it's a great program!
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    I've done this twice actually, it's a great program!

My little girl will eventually need their services (brain tumor)...it is not growing right now, but it will...therefore I am very passionate about this program.
  • Mommy2Avaj
    Mommy2Avaj Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut my hair in 10 yrs. Not even a trim. Its down to my butt. I can almost sit on it lol.
  • RussetBrunnette
    RussetBrunnette Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Got a bob (shortest I have ever had it) last year, but slowly growing it out, I miss being able to style, braid, play with it! Need a trim but holding off, grow hair grow!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    yess!!! working on it!!!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options

This. I have personally benefitted from this program, without it i would have gone through 4th and 5th grade without hair. I donate every haircut.
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    Yes, I currently have butt-length wavy red hair :) I really like this length so I won't cut it short but, not sure how much longer I'll let it grow.

ETA locks for love is not a great organization. A lot of the hair goes to make extensions/wigs for people who can afford it. To clarify they SELL a good deal of the hair to places that make wigs and extensions (this hair does not go to cancer patients). There are many ways to donate without giving up parts/extensions of your body. It is okay to grow your hair just for you!

It annoys me to no end that when this topic comes up (long hair) inevitably locks of love is brought up. People don't bring up donating organs when we talk about getting our body in better shape (it makes just as much sense). With all due respect to those who have gone through chemo. because if that is the topic then okay that is another issue entirely. I just think we should be able to appreciate long hair without telling people they should cut it. It takes a tremendous amount of time and patience (and care) to grow and maintain long hair. Personally, I will not be donating my hair. When I'm gone y'all can have it (and my blood, organs, eyes, etc). But for now I've worked hard to get my hair long and I'm going to enjoy it.
  • BetherFace
    BetherFace Posts: 48
    Options
    I've never heard of Locks of Love selling the hair instead of donating it but I have heard several times of salons claiming they are collecting for Locks of Love when in actualty they are selling the hair to extension/wig companies.