Threw away a crap ton of cake today!!!

Options
rai8759
rai8759 Posts: 296 Member
Hey MFPs!!

I bought a cake for a going away party Friday (didn't have time to make something). Of course I got stuck bringing home like half of it. ALMOST ate it ALL today, but instead I had a break through and THREW IT IN THE TRASH! And I squished it in there real good so I wouldn't be tempted to do anything I'd regret later.

Tell me about your FOOD MASSACRE!! When have you tossed a load of food for the sake of your healthy lifestyle.

Lets celebrate! :drinker:

Replies

• EbonySD
    EbonySD Posts: 142
    Options
    I had cheetos today, instead of eating the entire bag (560 calories) I willed myself to stop and only eat half of the bag. I left the rest on the counter knowing that either my husband or daughter would eat the rest before I was ready for another snack and it worked. Kudos to us :)
  • MooMooooo
    MooMooooo Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

I throw food away all the time.

When I was a kid we were VERY poor, very skinny and very hungry so as an adult I feel a compulsion to eat whenever food is available, because subconciously (sp) I am afraid there won't be any food later.

It has been murder on the figure though. lol.

I have never been able to overcome this 'scarcity' thinking. So now I have to throw away leftovers, any party we have - food goes home with guests or is thrown directly into the garbage while I walk them to their cars.

I throw cake, lollies, pastries, chocolate sauce, cream - you name it, straight into the outside garbage bins.
  • rai8759
    Options
    Yea Ebony!!! Way to walk away! :wink:
  • Aoi715
    Aoi715 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had this ordeal months ago thanks to my mom's obssession with the show "Biggest Loser" and that started our process of questioning our diet. We literally threw out everything that was unhealthy: from soda, white bread and rice, cake, ice cream, cookies, chips, power drinks, and so on.

Now in my home you will not find anything that is above minimally unhealthy. Brown rice, wheat or whole grain breads and white meat being the norm, ocassionally red meat but only from Jennie-O Extra lean. No fatty cheeses. Lots of fruits and veggies and plenty of non fat milk and yogurt. Etc.

It was difficult and it's a struggle that I still have only because I am human.
  • rai8759
    Options
    Moo - I was poor when I was a kid also and I am still railing against the whole mentality that wasting food is a cardinal sin. My grandpa told me if I didn't finish my food he would put it down my pants!! (it really was more funny than creepy at the time.. cause I know it sounds creepy).. Then he would proceed to mention in a negative fashion that I ate non stop....:noway: people baffle me sometimes.
    Way to go!!! Sounds like you are a food trashing expert!!!

Aoi - Amen to being human. I ate a couple peices of that cake before tossing it. :ohwell: It could have been worse. I'm choosing to focus on the positive!
  • reyopo
    reyopo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I always take the leftover birthday cake from my daughter's b-day parties to work. Put it on the table and it's gone in a few hours, easy!

But once I had houseguests leave a GIANT box of Voodoo Doughnuts at my house. They we're stopping through on a road trip, and Voodoo is a famous shop that visitors to Portland wait in line at to buy doughnuts, but I never go. They didn't mean to leave them, they forgot them! I am a ridiculously clean eater, don't even like doughnuts, AND I'm allergic to gluten, dairy and sugar...but of course I opened the box "just to see what was in there" and what all the fuss was about. There were a couple dozen, all different kinds...they were so cute, I lost my mind for a second and I took a bite of one with mini-M&M's on it. I realized it was nothing special, just like any other doughnut, but was also slapped in the face by the danger of a giant box of sugar in the house...I quickly ran out to the dumpster and tossed it away to safety!
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    voodoo donuts is still open *CHEERS*
  • 139pilotwife
    139pilotwife Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love to bake & I'm very good at it too, unfortunately! So I bake 'cause it's my love but the staff at my son's middle school enjoys my tasty treats & it's a way for me to say "Thank You" for their hard work & dedication. The best of both worlds. :flowerforyou:
  • turtledreamer
    turtledreamer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love to bake & I'm very good at it too, unfortunately! So I bake 'cause it's my love but the staff at my son's middle school enjoys my tasty treats & it's a way for me to say "Thank You" for their hard work & dedication. The best of both worlds. :flowerforyou:

I can relate to this 100%. I love to bake and I do it often. I save a few pieces for my kids to have and bring the rest to work, or wherever I may be attending next. Keeping it in the house is a hazzard for both myself and my husband, since we are working so hard towards correcting our lifestyles.

I like that you take it to the school, often times the school faculties are so over looked for their hard work. :smile:
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    my parents in law are devouring machines, i dont have that issue!! lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!