So Happy

Options
icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
Ok, I was thinking that I was going to lose @100 pounds. Went to the doctor and had my full physical. Things look good. The best thing I was told.....drum roll please.....I don't need to lose as much as I thought. I was 135 pounds in high school and I was thin-but athletic. My doctor told me that I would be in good health and a good weigh if I got to 165. That is 20 pounds less than I thought I needed to lose. She said that 145 it too thin for me. She will do another evaluation when I hit 175. She said that may be my ideal size. I feel so much better. I lost 20 pounds by going to the appt. :wink:
I look at one of my cousins-she is the same height as me and weights 160 pounds and looks amazing. Any who, just was excited and and have to change my goals. Yeah!!!!

Replies

• icandoit
    Options
    Ok, I was thinking that I was going to lose @100 pounds. Went to the doctor and had my full physical. Things look good. The best thing I was told.....drum roll please.....I don't need to lose as much as I thought. I was 135 pounds in high school and I was thin-but athletic. My doctor told me that I would be in good health and a good weigh if I got to 165. That is 20 pounds less than I thought I needed to lose. She said that 145 it too thin for me. She will do another evaluation when I hit 175. She said that may be my ideal size. I feel so much better. I lost 20 pounds by going to the appt. :wink:
    I look at one of my cousins-she is the same height as me and weights 160 pounds and looks amazing. Any who, just was excited and and have to change my goals. Yeah!!!!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    oh that's awesome girl!

I think you'll look smashing too...you look great now!

I was 122 at my too skinniest and 135 at my perfect weight....short and athletic build....but I'd be happy 145....I think you'll know by the way you feel and look when its a good time to stop...its great your dr. is helping you out too!

big hugs and great job girl!!!
    Ali
  • icandoit
    Options
    oh that's awesome girl!

I think you'll look smashing too...you look great now!

I was 122 at my too skinniest and 135 at my perfect weight....short and athletic build....but I'd be happy 145....I think you'll know by the way you feel and look when its a good time to stop...its great your dr. is helping you out too!

big hugs and great job girl!!!
    Ali

Thanks Ali:flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Well how exciting!! Good for you. Keep up the good work. :flowerforyou:
  • bethany_burns
    bethany_burns Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! And sounds WAY more realistic. I was 135 in high school too and don't think I could ever get back because that is not what my body as a woman wants to be! So I completely understand! AND CONGRATULATIONS!!
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thats awesomw renee!!
    Can i ask how tall you are? Maybe i am shooting too low!!! :wink:
    I hope!!!! :laugh:

My doc asked ME what weight i wanted to be and didn't offer her opinion! Sounds like you have a really great doc!!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

Marvi! So now you can look at your cousin and chuckle in a few months (when she's not looking of course) :wink:
  • icandoit
    Options
    Thats awesomw renee!!
    Can i ask how tall you are? Maybe i am shooting too low!!! :wink:
    I hope!!!! :laugh:

My doc asked ME what weight i wanted to be and didn't offer her opinion! Sounds like you have a really great doc!!

Hi Amanda-Nice to see you!!
    I am 5' 7 1/4".
    She is a good doctor. She is also used to compete in physical fitness shows.
  • amandagreen1980
    amandagreen1980 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
    Yeah you are quite tall!! I am about an inch shorter and shooting for 147, BUT the reason i asked is because i feel really great now, I am currently 164 :happy:
    The BMI calculator on this site says i am a 'normal' BMI at 159 so I think i will just see how it goes!!
    I just really need to TONE TONE TONE now!! :laugh:

That is such great news though! To know you have that much less to lose!!
    :drinker:
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I think most people think that they need to be much thinner than they should be. It all depends on your body makeup. According to my BMI, I should be somewhere between 129 and 168. If I was 129, I would look sickly. I am shooting for somewhere between 150 and 160.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME Renee!!!

Right now my goal is 185 (10 more) but I may lower it to 165. We'll see how I feel when I hit 185 & what my body composition is. I am pretty muscular so I know 140- 150-ish is not realistic for me.

I know when I am telling people that I have 10 to go, or 30 if I change my goal, people say I don't look like I need to lose that much. But I am looking at my total body composition, so I know realistically what I can do. And I know I won't go too low like some of my friends that started to lose too much.

Good luck, and keep up the great work.
  • icandoit
    Options

Marvi! So now you can look at your cousin and chuckle in a few months (when she's not looking of course) :wink:

I will do that.
  • icandoit
    Options
    That's AWESOME Renee!!!

Right now my goal is 185 (10 more) but I may lower it to 165. We'll see how I feel when I hit 185 & what my body composition is. I am pretty muscular so I know 140- 150-ish is not realistic for me.

I know when I am telling people that I have 10 to go, or 30 if I change my goal, people say I don't look like I need to lose that much. But I am looking at my total body composition, so I know realistically what I can do. And I know I won't go too low like some of my friends that started to lose too much.

Good luck, and keep up the great work.

Thanks Shari.
    I think this gave me an extra boost.
  • fatsis
    fatsis Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Being 2 weeks in on the lifestlye change, that news is like winning the lotto.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I wish someone would tell me I didn't have 42 more pounds to lose. :laugh: