dial scales

Options
How accurate are dial scales. I weighed myself the other day and I was at 212 I weighed myself again tonight and it was like 205 I know my weight is going to vary day to day but 6 pounds.

Replies

• happylittlebird
    Options
    IMO they vary in accuracy from scale to scale just as digital ones to. :)

It is not unusual for weight to fluctuate six pounds from day to day or even more, especially if one gets on at a different time of day.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    If you need to calibrate it, and you happen to have a weight laying around, just put it on and calibrate it until it reflects the amount of the weight. You can periodically test it as it can lose it's accuracy over time.
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I gave up my dial scale for a digital one. My digital scale is very accurate. I can weigh myself 3 times in a row and it will say the same thing all 3 times. The dial scale made me mad because I'd have to bend over to see what it said and the dial would move.:angry: I believe the one I have now is a Health-O-Meter scale. Got it at Target for $25 - $30 dollars.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    The day I got my digital scale I rejoiced at the discovery that in addition to weighing consistently every time, the number display was large enough that I could weigh without my glasses!!:glasses:

BTW, if you want to scare yourself, do what I did. There is a switch on the bottom of the scale that switches from pounds to kilograms, and it changed positions to kg when the scale was moved across the floor. Imagine my surprise the next time I got weighed!!:laugh: :laugh:
  • blackiris49
    blackiris49 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I've said it before, but - Weight loss in pounds always looks better than in kilos. Is it about 2.2 pounds to a kilo? :grumble: