New Body November Week 1 (Anyone Welcome)

Options
:smile: I decided to start my own group Beginning November 1st. I'm not going to set a month limit but a life limit. To better my health not only for my kids and husband but for myself. My husband is on this journey as well. We will have weigh in on Saturdays. Anyone who is just starting out or has already started their journey and would like to join this group you are more than welcome.

Replies

• IDefineMe
    Options
    I would love to joing this group. I have been wanting to joining one, but I didn't want to start halfway into it. I have only been doing this for a couple of weeks, and Saturday weigh-ins are perfect for my schedule.

I agree with the "life limit" idea. I have set myself small goals, but my overall goal is to change my life and my lifestyle for myself and my family. I chose to start my family later in life, and I want to be around for many years and one step towards that is weight loss and healthy living. :smile:
  • ourgang
    ourgang Posts: 229
    Options
    I'm in as well... I have been on a plateu now for quite some time. I do have a mini goal to be at 210 by November 30th, my second wedding anniversay. I have aobut 14 pounds to go. I've been here for about 4-5 weeks now. I am working out faithfully, but haven't seen a change in the scale. I am weighing in on Wednesdays. I found I was weighing everyday and maybe justifing my cheats, so I am hopeing that with only a 1x weigh in I will become a bit more committed to the daily food intake...

I am also working through a biblical based book for weight loss. I'm stuck on Chapter 9, It's a shame, but I can't come up with my most proud moment of my life so far.. I have lots of ideas, but I don't feel that they really express who I am and who I want to be, they don't define me. I think that I need to work through this week in the "Loss it for Life" and maybe I will see some change in the scale. This is a great book if anyone is interesed in working through it too. My Mom is starting her 3rd round of the 12 week series and has lost over 60 pounds... GO MA!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck to everyone...God Bless
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    Hi madeline.
    I would love to be part of the Nov group. I only started in Sept, and I still have a long way to go. Coolness!
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    i would like to joing as well. need motivation.
  • tahmed
    tahmed Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am up for joining as well. I would like the motivation and support, but I will give it too!

Will the first official weigh in be tomorrow?
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I would love to join! I just began my journey, and I also just ordered the 30 day shred. This is a great way to hold everybody accountable!
  • madelinetg15
    Options
    Welcome everyone. I have small goals as well but I didn't want to set a time limit for everyone to reach. I believe we are all responsible for our own goals. But we need the support of others on this life long journey. Starting Next saturday I will start a new post for every week. Just look for the name. We will use this post until then.

A little about myself. I am 28 and the mother of 3 wonderful boys ages 7, 2, and 3 months. I have always had problems losing the baby weight. My husband gained with me as well. We have decided to both get our lives in order and be able to play with our boys without getting winded. I have about 75 pounds to lose to get to 155 which is a normal weight for my height. My husband is looking to lose the same. I am glad I have others to share this journey with.
  • madelinetg15
    Options
    yes tomorrow will be the first weigh in. Everyone make sure when you weigh yourself you do it at the same time of day and on the same scale. I weigh myself right when I get up after using the restroom. They say that is best time because your body is pretty much in the same state every time when you first get up.
  • Cynder
    Cynder Posts: 79
    Options
    Count me in. I've been in a slump the last few months and need all the help I can get.
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join also, I'm kind of new to the boards so someone tell me what we need to do besides the weigh ins?

I have a cruise planned for my birthday and that is my mot to get my butt in gear! I'm having trouble with the snack thing, I keep eating the same things over and over and well its now getting boring so I could use some help there.......
  • madelinetg15
    Options
    What are you eating storm chaser??

You really don't have to do anything beside that. The boards are here to help with your journey. Like venting, asking questions, or sharing a reached goal. It always helps to have other people involved, it helps keep you motivated.
  • TracyJean2012
    Options
    as far as I know my food thing is open to read, I try hard to keep in the calories daily and I really have to watch my carb intake other wise I end up passing out sometimes so that has been an issue for me to get a handle on as well.

I try to get the the gym as often as I can but I work 2 jobs so thats is hard sometimes but I need to start going again bad! Plus I was told that I have 2 disc that are bad in my back so that so doesn't help.

I need all the help I can get!
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    Stormchaser--- some of my favorite snacks are popcorn, nuts, celery with hummus, apples with peanut butter, rice cakes, and string cheese. I always keep celery cut up and at eye level in my refrigerator instead of hidden in the crisper so when I head over to the fridge it is the first thing I see.

Sometimes I will eat snacks that are not as healthy but better choices than other snacks. My favorite are 100 calorie packs like goldfish and the party mixes. You have to look out for these kind of things though because while they are low in calories, they are high in other things. Like everything, they are best in moderation!
  • madelinetg15
    Options
    Ok for all of those that will be weighing in with us in the morning. Good Luck and I will see yall in the morning.
  • madelinetg15
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Well I weighed in this morning and I have lost 3 pounds. My husband lost 5. Good luck to everyone else weighing in. Also try to measure yourself at least every 2 to 3 weeks. Sometimes you don't lose weight but you do lose inches. And that will help keep you motivated as well.
  • TracyJean2012
    Options
    good morning all! well I'm weighing in at 242 with a loss of 2 lbs since i had last weighed in. So how often do we need to weigh in, I weigh every week and track it here.

good luck to all for a great start!
  • limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am 119.6. I lost .4 lbs. Losing the last 10lbs is very hard but i a lifting weights so i am hoping to gain muscle.
  • CinthyNair
    Options
    Hi all,
    Hmm, no change in weight, but i lost inches! :)
  • madelinetg15
    Options
    We weigh in once a week on Sat Stormchaser. Good job on the weight loss.

Naircint, like I said earlier, losing inches is just as important and the number on the scale. That is what counts when your putting on your new clothes. That means the fat is moving off of your muscles and your muscles will have room to grow.

Good Job limestar and lifting weights really will help. Muscle burns fat.
  • AmandaB4588
    Options
    I weighed in today at 162.8 for a loss of 1.2 pounds. I was not totally dedicated this week, and since I am just starting out, I am expecting a bigger loss next week.

Congratulations to everyone---- keep up the good work!

Has anybody done Jillian's 30 Day Shred? I have seen a lot about it on this site and ordered the DVD a few days ago.