Healthy milk...

Options
I'm trying to figure out what milk,soy, or almond milk is the best. That is low in sodium, fat, and carbs, that has high protein and fiber. What does everyone use?? Your info would be greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Flavored soy milk (coffee flavor, vanilla flavor, etc) is YUMMY, BUT can really pack on the calories. For "healthy", look for unsweetened. And don't be fooled by a "low calorie" logo on the front of the carton. Check the label, I just accidently bought one that has artificial sweeteners. Arrrrgh.
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    This may not help, but I like fresh cows milk. Straight from a cow if possible.

(plus bump)
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options
    Flavored soy milk (coffee flavor, vanilla flavor, etc) is YUMMY, BUT can really pack on the calories. For "healthy", look for unsweetened. And don't be fooled by a "low calorie" logo on the front of the carton. Check the label, I just accidently bought one that has artificial sweeteners. Arrrrgh.

I was using the Silk light soy unsweetened but the sodium in all of them are high. I'm a label reader for sure...I read everything. Just wondering if anyone had any suggestions so I wouldn't have to stand in the freezer section for too long :)
  • Spice_4_Life
    Spice_4_Life Posts: 225
    Options

(plus bump)

No cows around here :( not that I can get fresh milk from.
  • WillPowerYes
    WillPowerYes Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Raw milk makes up less than half of 1% of milk sales in the U.S. but accounts for twice as many disease outbreaks as pasteurized milk.

[http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1736713,00.html]
  • Krazy_Kat
    Krazy_Kat Posts: 212
    Options
    Raw milk makes up less than half of 1% of milk sales in the U.S. but accounts for twice as many disease outbreaks as pasteurized milk.

[http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1736713,00.html]

Ok
  • anels449
    anels449 Posts: 3,187 Member
    Options

(plus bump)

Yusssss.
  • kat5556
    kat5556 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Almond milk has my vote. I like Almond Breeze but will drink Silk.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOVE milk, I drink/eat at least half a liter of 1.5% milk every day it is deff my go to food, and for me it has its usefulness (I'm a gainer/maintainer) And honestly I couldn't give it up for an almond or soy product, just based on the taste alone....Obviously vegans and people with lactose problems get benefits from the milk like consistency of these other produces, but I personally am just big milk fan, and I think its good for you, it has good vitamins, protein, and calcium of course and I know other products can be fortified with all the extras, but I'd rather get them in their natural state. Though many will say the opposite! ;) To each their own!