80% green meal ideas

Options
ok so our training group is doing a 10 week challenge... This week we have to introduce greens to one of our meals (which I do anyway) but it need to be 80% of that meal... Any suggestions of what you would do? Ideas to change it up welcome!

Replies

• mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    80% by weight or calories or 80% of the plate or what? The thing that springs to mind is spinach smoothies or salads. You can get a LOT of spinach in a smoothie. I think you might need a high-speed blender to make it really smooth, though (like a VitaMix or Blendtec).
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Roasted, seasoned broccoli or brussels sprouts are amazing! Just toss with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and whatever other seasoning you like and roast at 400 for 40 minutes. Add some chopped onions, mushrooms and protein and you have yourself one tasty summer meal.
  • screweyduck
    screweyduck Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Spinach soup or pea soup? you can make an open sandwich with a salad and low fat dressing, stuffed pitta with veg, stuffed courgettes, asparagus is now in season so maybe some asparagus with a dressing, you could do a curry or stir fry with lots of green veg.
  • Meegz84
    Meegz84 Posts: 74
    Options
    80% of the plate mcarter.. I generally have green in at least one meal a day but when she said she wanted it to be 80% of the plate I was like.. what the hell am I going to doooo.. haha