hoolahoop

Options
Have heard good things as form of "exercise" ...I have knee issues so I am always looking for something new ....wondering if anyone does this or knows anything about it?

Replies

• ssaunders474
    Options
    Hula hooping is wonderful! :) Websites have crazy ranges on the caloric output of hula-hooping. It can be anywhere between 300-600 calories burned per hour. Either way, that's pretty impressive. I would assume a lot of the calorie burning depends on the person's weight, the hula hoop's weight, and the effort put into it. I have a weighted hula hoop which I love. Since you're only needing to use your hips to keep it going, it should be very easy on the knees. I would highly recommend it!
  • happydays2525
    happydays2525 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi! Where did you get the weighted hoolahoop and how much did it cost. By the way I live in Canada.
  • mpaige1969
    mpaige1969 Posts: 52
    Options
    haven't purchased one yet...just curious if it was worth it...I am in NC! nice to meet you!
  • sjp28
    sjp28 Posts: 6
    Options
    I bought a cute weighted hula hoop off of eBay for $26ish about a year ago and just adore it! I usually just put on a tv show on Netflix and hula one side for 22 mins, put on another episode then do it in reverse. Sometimes I'll work my arms or hold a squat while hooping to burn a few exta calories. It's definitely a fun way to mix up your daily routine. :)

Wearing a belly dancing skirt while hooping adds a little more fun to it, too! :happy:
  • ssaunders474
    Options
    I got mine at Walmart! It was around $20, give or take a little. Mine's 2.5 pounds which doesn't sound like much, but you sure can feel it the next day!