exercise fat burning shorts? do they really work?

Options
I must admit I am new to this exercise thing but my 40 year old body demands attention! In an effort to help slim my pear shape i bought some fat burning shorts that are designed to help target areas that need to loose extra weight. Walmart 10.00 Has anyone tried these? Do they work or did I totally fall for a line? :smile:

Replies

• Creativeballance
    Options
    I'm not expert (really, I'm not!) but I don't think of that stuff works.
    You build and tone muscle by using it. You burn calories by exercising.

I don't think clothes can make you do it.
  • Astro_ferret
    Astro_ferret Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Theres no such thing as spot reduction, I'm afraid. You can't target an area for weightloss, it's physically impossible.
  • GrammyWhammy
    GrammyWhammy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Okay, where do I get them?
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    imagine how scary the end result would look, dont fall for gimmicks!!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Diet and exercise. That is the key... Strength training as well as aerobic exercise. I would caution against any clothing that may restrict air flow and such. There are tons of gimmicky things out there from diet plans to special contraptions that have various degrees of success .. or not.. All of them of course cost some amount of money... Our waist line problems are big business...
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    You paid $10 for shorts. Not a bad price compared to some of the stuff I have seen.
    You probably wear them while working out. Consider them your fat burning shorts since that is what you do in them.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    You can't target fat loss on your body. Your body stores and burns fat from all over your body, obviously with some naturally higher concentration areas. You can target muscles and firm / tone / slim certain areas that way, but not by fat loss.

There are body wrap suits designed to trap heat near your body and make you sweat more. Increased sweating only means your body is working harder to cool itself, not necessarily that you're burning calories faster.
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I do believe you got yourself a new pair of shorts to work out in. : ). Bet they look great ......
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    OMG U FELL 4 A GIMMICK!! I SAVE MONEY AND USE SARAN WRAP UNDER MY SHORTS 4 THA SAME EFFECT!!!! LOLOLOLOLZ
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    short answer, NOPE, just another gimmick!
  • incuboy
    incuboy Posts: 8
    Options
    Yup as above. The fat will come off in the order of body part/s that it wants.
  • SilkyHotspur
    SilkyHotspur Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    sorry to say, there is no such thing as spot reduction, nothing can make you smaller in one spot without lipo.
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    if i rub them on my belly will it burn the fat there too?
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Yes it's a gimmick however are they compression shorts? $10 is pretty good then. I paid $30 for mine. (but they're oh so comfy under my shorts)

Ignore the nasty people.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    You could've saved yourself a little money and just wrapped yourself in cellophane. It would yield the same results (none), for a fraction of the cost. :wink:
  • doubglass
    doubglass Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    wasted your money
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    You could've saved yourself a little money and just wrapped yourself in cellophane. It would yield the same results (none), for a fraction of the cost. :wink:

pics.
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    it will make you sweat... that's about it. water weight, maybe...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    yeah these are just compression shorts that might make you sweat water not sweat fat

$10 is a good price for compression shorts. the ones for under armor and other places are much more expensive.
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Yes it's a gimmick however are they compression shorts? $10 is pretty good then. I paid $30 for mine. (but they're oh so comfy under my shorts)

Ignore the nasty people.

"like" - thks for speaking truth with kindness.