Options
13»

Replies

• leshawnturner
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!!

:happy: First Weigh-In :happy:

10/30/09 ~ Shelley ~ 226

If you want everyone can cut and paste each others totals so we end up with one post with ALL the totals.
    Good Luck :flowerforyou:

10/30/09 ~254
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!!

10/30/09 ~ Shelley ~ 226

If you want everyone can cut and paste each others totals so we end up with one post with ALL the totals.

10/30/09 ~254

Emily-- 269
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    10/30/09
    Shelley ~ 226
    leshawnturner ~254
    Emily-- 269
    Dawn Ann 287
  • lids0578
    Options
    Happy Friday Everyone!!

10/30/09 ~ Shelley ~ 226

10/30/09 ~254

Emily-- 269
  • lids0578
    Options
    Hi every one. i have 100 lbs plus, I have been this weight for so long i cant remember when i felt good. I got 15 friends together and started a biggest winner contest at the local rec center. I started using this site, I havent lost much weight, but i am feeling better. I think i will take your advice and start weighing my food, I relize i have been eating alot of empty calories. Im up for the water challenge.
    current weight 226.2
  • clheide
    clheide Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    10/30/09
    Shelley ~ 226
    leshawnturner ~254
    Emily-- 269
    Dawn Ann 287
    Charity - 194

(didn't read late enough yesterday to know that I was supposed to remember my number from this morning...this is actually wednesday's weight for me, and i'll remember next friday to remember the number!!!)
  • ChefJeremyC
    Options
    10/30/09
    Shelley ~ 226
    leshawnturner ~254
    Emily-- 269
    Dawn Ann 287
    Charity - 194
    Jeremy - 421 down 7lbs from last week
  • HealthyMom4MyKids
    Options
    10/30/09
    Shelley ~ 226
    leshawnturner ~254
    Emily-- 269
    Dawn Ann 287
    Charity - 194
    lids0578 - 226.2
    Kim - 282

I am the same as Monday.

I think the water challenge is a great idea. How do you guys determine how much water you should drink daily?

Kim
  • ColoradoGirl
    ColoradoGirl Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    10/30/09
    Shelley ~ 226
    leshawnturner ~254
    Emily-- 269
    Dawn Ann 287
    Charity - 194
    lids0578 - 226.2
    Kim - 282

I am the same as Monday.

I think the water challenge is a great idea. How do you guys determine how much water you should drink daily?

Kim
    WATER...
    know this site suggests 8 glasses.. but, a more realistic number would be to use the following calculation.
    1. Divide your body weight in half.
    2. The resulting figure is the amount in fluid ounces you require to maintain minimum levels of
    hydration.
    3. Drink this amount each day.
    4. Drink more if you exercise, if the weather is hot, if you are sick (especially if diarrhea or
    vomiting are present), if you take medications daily, if you are nursing or pregnant, if you are
    under stress, or anytime you experience significant fluid loss.
    *example= 200lb person should drink 100oz of water every day.
    The variable here is how much caffeine or alcohol you consume (because they are diuretics)
    So, for every ounce of that you consume you need another .5oz of water to counter act the diuretic
    effect. (8oz coffee = 4 oz more water)

Yes, I know it seems like a lot of water.. but when you stop and think about how much of your body is made up of water 2/3 or roughly 66% it only makes sense. Not to mention the benefits are incredible.
    fewer wrinkles, organs work better, less muscle fatigue, eat less, feel better, you skin will not be as dry and itchy.. the list goes on. Hope that helps!
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    great suggestion, I knew a heavier person needed more water. Another great benefit of keeping hydrated is the hanging skin. I have heard that it helps a great deal with this. I know that some skin is going to hang no matter what, but if we could limit it by staying hydrated, then I am going to start drinking. I need approx. 15 8ounce glasses of water:noway: :noway: :noway: Better get started I will need all day to get that down:laugh:
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    I agree with the water challenge. I caution you all to listen to your body so you don't get too much water. I know that sounds ridiculous but I do have a friend who was getting in about 1/2 her weight in water and doing other things (eating exercising) but she started getting sick. Her doctor checked her out thoroughly and when she told him how much water she was drinking he said it was too much and it was affecting some of her organs!!! Don't get me wrong I know that everyone's body is different because when I drink 1/2 my body weight (when I can get that much water in :laugh: ) I'm fine and have no problems. I said all this to say be careful and listen to your body. With that said, I agree with the water challenge. Do we start on Monday?? If so, Let's get it on!!!!
  • BetterVersion
    Options
    I agree with the water challenge. I caution you all to listen to your body so you don't get too much water. I know that sounds ridiculous but I do have a friend who was getting in about 1/2 her weight in water and doing other things (eating exercising) but she started getting sick. Her doctor checked her out thoroughly and when she told him how much water she was drinking he said it was too much and it was affecting some of her organs!!! Don't get me wrong I know that everyone's body is different because when I drink 1/2 my body weight (when I can get that much water in :laugh: ) I'm fine and have no problems. I said all this to say be careful and listen to your body. With that said, I agree with the water challenge. Do we start on Monday?? If so, Let's get it on!!!!

Good point!!

This is very true. Too much water flushes the sodium out of your system and throws things out of whack. I think it takes a LOT of water in a very small amount of time to do that, but still, it's possible. One of the things I've always been told is to never chug water when you're trying to take in a certain amount daily. I think as long as you drink the water the same way you'd normally drink anything else, it wouldn't make much of a difference.
  • Shelley130
    Options
    I'm gonna stick to the recommended 8 glasses a day.

But I'm here to support all of you who are trying for the 1/2 body weight in ounces challenge. :smile:
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Momma2four
    Options
    I actually read that for every 25 pounds you are over weight you should drink an 8 ounce glass of water a 1 cup measuring cup is 8 ounces. most larger glasses are more than 8 ounces. If you are 100 pounds over weight you would drink 12) 8 ounce glasses. I will get out my measuring cup and I can usually put 2 of them in a average size glass. So some of us who are just counting glasses of water without measuring are actually drinking more than the recommended 64 ounces anyway.
  • ophedian
    Options
    Alright, count me in!!

SW: 356
    CW: 338
    STG: 300 by 1/28/2010
    LTG: 240
  • Momma2four
    Options
    Alright, count me in!!

SW: 356
    CW: 338
    STG: 300 by 1/28/2010
    LTG: 240

Good morning and welcome. We just moved our post you will find it here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/69979-eat-healthy-get-fit-lose-100-new-group-11-2-11-8?page=1#posts-910479

Hope to see you there.