Recipe Swap

Options
titsnstuff
titsnstuff Posts: 27
Hello everyone! I enjoy cooking in my most mediocre way. Do you have any recipes you love to cook? My two faves are:

Veggie Tagine w/Cous Cous
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp minced ginger
1/4 minced jalapeno
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 chopped small onion
3 minced clove garlic
3/4 tbsp cumin
1/3 tbsp salt
3 cup sweet potato
3 cup cauliflower
2 cup veggie broth
2/3 cup chopped green olive
1 cinnamon stick
1 cup cous cous
Heat oil over medium heat, when hot add onion, ginger, garlic, and jalapeno; saute until onion softens. Add cumin & half tomato paste and cook stirring constantly until fragrant. Add potato & cauliflower, then salt and continue with tomato paste. Add broth, olives, & cinnamon stick and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer partially covered until potatoes are tender. Remove cinnamon and serve on cous cous.

Whole Wheat Muffins
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flower
1 tsp vanilla flavoring
1 1/4 cup fresh fruit
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup oats (not instant)
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
3/4 cup buttermilk
Heat oven to 375. Combine flour, sugar, oats, baking powder/soda, & salt in large bowel; mix. In another bowel add butter milk, egg, oil, & vanilla; mix. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir gently. Put in cupcake liner and sprinkle sugar on top. Cook 12-15 minutes or until tops are just set. Add fruit to top & bake 3-5 minutes or until fruit cooked.

Replies

• mrs_deg1983
    mrs_deg1983 Posts: 157
    Options
    just sides

baby red taters,

i like to get green beans and snap them. cook them till they are tender add some EVOO , onions and garlic yum.

Cook up some brown rice in low cal chicken broth add onions and green peppers.

If you want to try something out there get a whole corn on the cob and let it sit in a baggy of italian dressing and a tad of salf and grill it up.

Get some whole wheat spaghetti noodles and cook them to how you like them. Then shock them after straining the water set them in a bowl of ice water. In another bowl add some dice tomatoes, onions, green peppers and cucumbers and use some Italian dressing just dont make it to strong then add salt and pepper to tast. Add noodles and enjoy!

nothing new just stuff we like.
  • kikiboniki
    kikiboniki Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I enjoy cooking in my most mediocre way. Do you have any recipes you love to cook? My two faves are:

Veggie Tagine w/Cous Cous
    2 tbsp olive oil
    1 tbsp minced ginger
    1/4 minced jalapeno
    1 tbsp tomato paste
    1 chopped small onion
    3 minced clove garlic
    3/4 tbsp cumin
    1/3 tbsp salt
    3 cup sweet potato
    3 cup cauliflower
    2 cup veggie broth
    2/3 cup chopped green olive
    1 cinnamon stick
    1 cup cous cous
    Heat oil over medium heat, when hot add onion, ginger, garlic, and jalapeno; saute until onion softens. Add cumin & half tomato paste and cook stirring constantly until fragrant. Add potato & cauliflower, then salt and continue with tomato paste. Add broth, olives, & cinnamon stick and bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer partially covered until potatoes are tender. Remove cinnamon and serve on cous cous.

Whole Wheat Muffins
    1 1/2 cup whole wheat flower
    1 tsp vanilla flavoring
    1 1/4 cup fresh fruit
    2 tbsp coconut oil
    1/2 cup oats (not instant)
    1/2 cup sugar
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/2 cup baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt
    1 large egg
    3/4 cup buttermilk
    Heat oven to 375. Combine flour, sugar, oats, baking powder/soda, & salt in large bowel; mix. In another bowel add butter milk, egg, oil, & vanilla; mix. Add wet ingredients to dry and stir gently. Put in cupcake liner and sprinkle sugar on top. Cook 12-15 minutes or until tops are just set. Add fruit to top & bake 3-5 minutes or until fruit cooked.

is it really 1/2 cup baking soda?
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.. I have to dig through my recipes to find a fave or 2!
  • titsnstuff
    titsnstuff Posts: 27
    Options
    Lol, that is a good typo. Sorry, it's 1/2 tsp baking soda. I'll edit. Thank for catching that.
  • Pattywack74
    Options
    Bump!! Thanks!!
  • wcasie
    wcasie Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • cwapmommy
    cwapmommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Must try the muffins