Help with motivation needed - can anyone help?

Options
claireb12
claireb12 Posts: 65 Member
Hi everyone,

I live near Manchester in the UK & I’m looking for new MFP friends to help motivate me as I’m finding this healthy eating difficult to stick to, I’ve got 12 weeks left before my holiday (this Thursday) and I need a bikini bod.

I started my exercise regime in January with doing lots of cardio however I’m now looking to tone up and I’m going to start weight training plus do cardio. I’ve just had 2 weeks off work, annual leave and I’m back in work this Tuesday but for the past 2 weeks I’ve not done much in the way of exercise and eaten what I wanted so I really need additional support right now.

If you would like to add me that’d be great and we can be there to support and motivate each other.

Replies

• sandy0723
    sandy0723 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I always like to support others as I push for my goals.
  • cswoodring
    cswoodring Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me =)
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    The most important thing to remember with exercise is this... Find 1 to 5 physical activities you ACTUALLY enjoy. If you enjoy it, you'll lose track of time, and burn/firm/trim like crazy without realizing it.

If you hate it, you'll stop doing it.

For example... I love to fight (martial arts), spar, work the heavy bag, shadow box, etc... I can do that stuff for hours, and completely lose track of time in the process.

On the other hand, if you put me on a treadmill, I'm ready to throw myself under a bus within 5 minutes.
  • jlboyla
    jlboyla Posts: 8
    Options
    You can add me :) I need support to when it comes to sticking with this new diet. I never stayed with the diet before until I found out 2 weeks ago I am diabetic. Talk about a slap in the face for a wake up call. Now I have to lose weight to remin off the shot and all the meds. I have been doing well so far! I quit smoking after 16 years as well which of course makes excercise a little easier:)
  • jlboyla
    jlboyla Posts: 8
    Options
    I agree 100%. The gym seems like a good idea but I tend to slack and wander around more than I am actually using the equipment. Recently I have been kayaking, hiking, and swimming among other things and I lost about 16 lbs in the past few months from it. I hope to ocntinue down that path!
  • vanillaeclare
    Options
    You can add me too! I am new to MFP and have no friends yet. I am also striving for a bikini bod despite having 2 kids in the last 5 years. So far I've found this site to be super helpful because I can easily add what I eat and really like knowing exactly how many calories I'm eating and burning. :D Good luck!

Also, I need some good arm and ab exercises. I am mainly running but don't want to ignore my arms and definitely need some toned abs.
  • gchutson
    gchutson Posts: 657
    Options
    I agree 100%. The gym seems like a good idea but I tend to slack and wander around more than I am actually using the equipment. Recently I have been kayaking, hiking, and swimming among other things and I lost about 16 lbs in the past few months from it. I hope to ocntinue down that path!

I wander around as well. Mostly because I look like a vanilla gorilla, and it's expected.
  • laurajbush
    Options
    HI! You can add me too! New to MFP. Need all assistance and information as possible!!
  • dreamerbabe87
    Options
    http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

This may sound strange... But when I'm having a hard getting through a work out I start focus and visualize the final results. It always gives me that extra boost I need to push through and end strong.

Feel free to add me :)