Tomorrow is Holloween and need help

Options
I have a holloween party to go tomorrow night and i am looking so forward to it but I KNOW there is going to be lots of food and drinking and so on. I been working really hard these past couple of weeks since i have a set goal to lose weight until my birthday Dec 8, but i know my will power is going to go downhill tomorrow. Any advise or tricks i can use to minimized the damage i am most likely going to do. HELP!! :-/

Alis

Replies

• danielley08
    Options
    Eat something healthy that will keep you pretty full for a while...and if you feel the need to drink...bring a few low cal drinks...like MGD64 or something...
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Just stick to water at the party.. Maybe limit yourself to one plate of a little bit of everything. So that once that plate is empty, you are done eating. Does that make sense?

Don't hang out by the food either. :tongue:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Is this a house party or at a bar or hall?
    Eat before you go.
    If possible bring your own drinks (Woody's 99 are good).
    If possible bring a dish that looks sinful but is really healthy. They will think you are bing thoughtful and don't have to know it is because you want to avoid the unhealthy food.

Otherwise, eat and drink slowly, chew gum, keep yourself busy to avoid snacking.
    Work out the next day.

The most important thing though .. have FUN!
  • sara1786
    sara1786 Posts: 101
    Options
    Depending how far away the party is and the weather- I suggest leaving your car at home. That way you have to walk there and walk back.
  • aserrano
    aserrano Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the advise, it is a house party and will definitely takes your tips. :)
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I have been in this situation "lot's" of times and what I do to at least maintained my weight was: the day of I do two intense cardio sessions, eat very little through out the day and drink lots of water, when at the party I put small amounts of what I really like on a plate and limit myself to two/three drinks! I still had fun and enjoyed the food!
  • Giggles27
    Giggles27 Posts: 139
    Options
    I have been in this situation "lot's" of times and what I do to at least maintained my weight was: the day of I do two intense cardio sessions, eat very little through out the day and drink lots of water, when at the party I put small amounts of what I really like on a plate and limit myself to two/three drinks! I still had fun and enjoyed the food!

I basically am in the same situation as you Halloween party at my friends (her family owns an Italian restuarant and caters).....

I am planning on doing exactly what vhuber has done above...thats my plan
  • aserrano
    Options
    I think this will work for me. I can do this!!! Thank you. :)-
  • slcobb001
    slcobb001 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have a different take on this... It is a PARTY.. it doesn't happen every day. Don't go crazy but enjoy the food and drink.. To really make this weight loss work it needs to be a LIFE CHANGE. In life there will be parties, birthdays, holidays etc. When you go to these things and deprive yourself you feel cheated. That leads to failure and the roller coaster dieting. Keep up with myfitnesspal and on those special days, relax & don't count. Just make yourself a promise that on the next day your right back on it. Have fun, keep the plan going, and lose the weight...
  • fishtetris
    Options
    i just usually bust my *kitten* in gym or doing cardio before a big party type weekend. MB not a cure all save all but don't feel too guilty about a little fun on Halloween.
  • aserrano
    Options
    Thank you, you make so much sense. I shouldn't stress so much about this. Like you said, it's just a one night party and i will be back on the next day. :0)