Is anyone using Kinect or Wii to exercise?

Options
I've been seeing a lot of posts for Jillian Michael's 30 day shred, etc. on here, and I know there is a game console for her....any recommendations?

Replies

• Getmy1back
    Options
    I'm all about the Kinect! The Wii is okay for more disciplined people, but I am too likely to just sit on the couch and swing the remote around. With Kinect, you have no choice but to use your entire body--you must get up and get moving.

I'm personally in love with Dance Central (2) because I do love to dance, I just don't really know how :). Plus, when I'm playing I'm just genuinely having a good time, but just so happen to be burning calories. I've always been afraid of buying an actual "fitness game" because I'm scared that it will start to feel like work because I'll be focused on getting a burn and counting calories as opposed to just having a good time and trying to complete a song/battle successfully.

Hope this helps! Good luck!
  • briyowes
    briyowes Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I use the Wii. There are several things I love and use regularly.
    1. Wii Zumba - fun and easy to follow
    2. EA Sports Active 2 - This has a 6 week Cardio Kickstart that I completed. It's a good starting point with lots of variety between strength training and cardio exercises. There is also a 9 week challenge. But I mostly use it now for the step aerobics and cardio kickboxing which I LOVE.
    3. EA Sports Active - Completed the 30 day Challenge on this one. It was also good. My favorites on here are the tennis for a good arm workout and cardio boxing.

I'm looking to add some more programs to what I have, so let me know if there's something that is really good out there.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I have used the Wii for a program called My Fitness Coach in the past and have had wonderful results with it. It switches the routine up every time you do it so that you don't get bored. There is Yoga, Upper Body, Lower Body, Strength Training..etc. I actually lost 30 lbs whilst using it. You should check it out..it is older and is pretty cheap. :D
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    On achey days wii is my workout. Step aerobics are my fave. I like zumba but with my three left feet its risky :laugh:
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to it. http://www.amazon.com/My-Fitness-Coach-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001H0RZX2

Also, it adjusts the intensity for you.
  • MandaPaigeSparkles88
    MandaPaigeSparkles88 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    I use Kinect. I love Dance Central 2. I can burn at least 200 calories in about 45 minutes. It's a great workout, when I can't make it to the gym on the weekends I have to work. And I love to dance. Not the best at it mind you but I love to dance. I am not into the Wii because for the simple face that I have hit myself a lot with that remote thingy so no Wii for me lol.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Love the Dance Central series for Kinect and Just Dance is great too. You have alot of fun and get a great sweat and calorie burn :happy:
  • bonjourdiva
    Options
    I do the the Zumba on the Kinect. Love it!!!