Yogurt Mix-in's

Options
I love yogurt(non fat vanilla, yum! ), and that's not a bad thing! What is bad (I'm learning) is the calorie count in the granola I've been mixing in with it. I am curious as to what else can be mixed in that has fewer calories/carbs. Any suggestions, ideas? I don't mind eating it plain of course, but I like that little extra volume and flavor. Anything at all will be a help!

Thanks!

Replies

• Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I use Kashi Go Lean Crunch with flax seed.

Delicious and if you use half a cup it's like 90 extra calories. I throw it in my light n' fit yogurts (80 cals).

I usually don't even need half a cup.

lots of fiber and protein !
  • Sparksfly
    Sparksfly Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I actually like the taste better than reg granola too.
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    A teaspoon of pumpkin puree and a dash of pumpkin pie spice (or just cinnamon). Mix well!
  • Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    I usually add frozen fruit to mine. I throw it together at night and it's thaw by morning
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I started eating my cottage cheese with 1/2 cup and a sm container of yogurt.
    Definately makes more volume.

Then I add a cut up apple or some green grapes.
  • famv5
    famv5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I love adding banana or blueberries when they are in season. Lately I've been adding pomegranate arils which taste fantastic!
  • mrsdovin
    Options
    These are all fantastic!
    I especially can't wait to try the pumpkin puree/spice one! Perfect for the season.
    Thank you everyone!!
  • silvertears
    silvertears Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use Kashi Go Lean Crunch with flax seed.

Delicious and if you use half a cup it's like 90 extra calories. I throw it in my light n' fit yogurts (80 cals).

I usually don't even need half a cup.

lots of fiber and protein !

I am going to have to try that. I usually mix mine with Grape Nuts, which is 200 cal for 1/2 c. 90 cals sound much better than 200 :bigsmile:
  • Nelski
    Nelski Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I started eating my cottage cheese with 1/2 cup and a sm container of yogurt.
    Definately makes more volume.
    I do this too! I eat plain greek yogurt with cottage cheese and avocado, so yummuy!

I love berries, bananas and kashi go lean in mine also.
  • NotSurprised
    NotSurprised Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    Hello MrsDovin, the fruit adding is a great idea cocunut slivers is another its not a lot of bulk but it does taste great with minimal bulk then again that's not what you really asked for. Sorry.
  • mrsdovin
    Options
    Hello MrsDovin, the fruit adding is a great idea cocunut slivers is another its not a lot of bulk but it does taste great with minimal bulk then again that's not what you really asked for. Sorry.

Ah! Don't be sorry! Any little tip is great! :) I happen to enjoy cocunut and I think the slivers sound de-lish.
  • romst19
    romst19 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I tried the pumpkin puree and cinammon for the first time today and I loved it! I found the suggestion on here...it's so tasty and adds fiber too.
  • hgirl1021
    Options
    yesterday i tried this and loved it! :heart:

Dannon Light & Fit Vanilla Yogurt: 80cal
    Fiber One Orginal Cereal 1/4 cup 30cal
    Ocean Spray Dried Cranberries 1/4 cup 104 cal

i layered them all to make my own 'parfait' and it was so yum! a lil bit of crunch from the cereal, and the chewy cranberries made my snack last and was only 214 calories!:drinker: