Any work outs I can do at home???

Options
I have a treadmill that is getting boring I can not jog yet and I suffer from severe leg cramps. I walk my dog around my neighborhood a lot. I do not have the money to join a gym or to buy any exercise stuff. I looked on my directv for any work out channels but they are all enfamercials! Any suggestions on what I can do to help me lose weigh and not have to spend money???

Replies

• Lv3myhubby
    Options
    I have a gym membership but haven't always got the time to go so I looked on netflix and found several workout videos. I felt a little goofy working out in my living room to a video but I burnt off close to 450 calories in 40 minutes this morning!
  • danibee41989
    danibee41989 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    youtube search "tone it up." Katrina and Karena have a ton of workout videos online for free!
  • jplucheck
    jplucheck Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Check out bodyrock.tv they do daily home work outs!
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I don't have a gym membership. I'm doing Jillian Michaels 30-Day Shred right now, and next I want to do Ripped in 30 and Butt Bible. All DVD's I can do in my living room.

Editing to add the DVD's are about $10 or so each, and my weights were inexpensive as well. You can even use soup cans. :)
  • rmalford
    rmalford Posts: 58
    Options
    Visit www.nerdfitness.com for strength training with little to no equipment. Beware of the squats at first!
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Check your local library for workout videos. I love that it costs me nothing and I always have a nice selection to pick from.

Do you have stairs?? Sometimes I do a couple rounds of up & down the stairs.

Be creative and look around your house. You can use cans of soup for weights.
  • zeleni
    zeleni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can sead tonight!
  • jahall76
    jahall76 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I do have an elliptical machine at home that I use all the time. However, I do alot of other stuff around my house like jump rope, exercise DVD's, going up/down stairs, etc. Also, lunges, squats, push-ups, sit-ups, mountain climbers do not require a gym or any equipment !

A few weeks ago I was hitting up some local garage/yard sales and I found 6 exercise DVD's and some hand weights- I paid only $2 !! I felt like I hit the jackpot!

Good luck
  • AlichiaMJohnson73
    AlichiaMJohnson73 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Garage sales and second hand stores are excellent sources for DVD's and VHS (if you still use em)!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    DVD's! Leslie Sansone walk at home!
  • LizHowerton
    LizHowerton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Jeanette Jenkins
    Chris Freytag
    Leslie Sanson
    Tae Bo